Presentation material for SHARE session 1511.
Yes, another new COBOL compiler for z/OS! Come and hear about what is new in Enterprise COBOL V4.2:
XML PARSE enhancements, including:
- Support for validation against SCHEMA (VALIDATING phrase)
- Performance of nonvalidating parsing is improved
Customizable severity of compiler messages:
- RC=0 even with Optimizer messages!
- RC=12 if you want to restrict language usage!
BLOCK0 compiler option to change default to:
- BLOCK CONTAINS 0
- Exploit system determined blocksize!
Underscore in user-defined words and program names:
- Generate XML documents with underscore without post processing
- Use the same variable names across multiple languages!
CICS options in COBOL compiler listing with integrated CICS translator
More releases of Java supported for Java interoperability
- Java 5 and Java 6