This Fix Pack contains fixes and new function
This maintenance update contains functional enhancements and fixes to
The following functional enhancements are included:
1) New attributes were added to the Agent Status workspace to display the status of the data collection interfaces used by the agent. The attributes added by attribute group are:
- KN3 Agent Status attribute group (KN3AGS): IKE Daemon
Started and PAGENT Daemon Started.
- KN3 SNA Collector Status: Agent VTAM Application Status,
Agent VTAM Major Node Name, Agent VTAM Major Node Status,
PMI Exit Status, and SNA NMI Enabled.
- KN3 TCP Collector Status: IPv4 Security Enabled, IPv6
Security Enabled, SMF Service Enabled, and SNMP Agent Job
2) New thresholds were defined for attribute ARB Mode in the HPR Connections and HPR Connections Link from EE workspaces so that the cell would have a color that matches the value.
3) IPSec attribute groups exploit the IBM Tivoli Monitoring fix for handling UTF-8 data correctly (IZ49406 -- Situations with UTF-8 data fail on z/OS(R) and AS/400(R).)
4) The Configuration Tool was modified to enable parameter mapping (PMAP) reports from the Runtime Environment menu. KN3DDICT and KONDDICT were updated with 5 PMAP attributes: PMAPMEM, PMAPPAN, PMAPPARM, PMAPSKEL, and PMAPCLAS. New dictionaries, KONDDICX and KN3DDICX, were created to describe TMS engine parameters used to initialize and control the agent runtime environment.
5) Two new product-provided Take Action commands are added (NSLOOKUP and TRACERTE) which enable the user to invoke the corresponding z/OS Communication Server commands and view the responses from within the Tivoli Enterprise Portal (TEP).
6) The capability to logon to the IBM Tivoli NetView(R) for z/OS V5.4 product directly from the Connections and Application Connections workspaces and start/stop packet traces in the context of a specific network connection.
7) Addition of a new Interface Index attribute for the OSA Ports, OSA-Express3 Ports Summary and OSA-Express2 10 Gigabit Ports Summary workspaces that enables the user to link between OSA ports and the interfaces, devices and gateways associated with those ports. A new workspace, OSA Port Interfaces, is also available.
8) Implementation of FITS requirement MR1110082927, which updates the CSM Buffer Pools Workspace to display in-use and allocation statistics for Communications Storage Manager (CSM) buffers.
9) Updates to the TCP/IP Memory Statistics Workspace to display free and in-use statistics for TCP/IP ECSA and Authorized Private Storage memory.
10) Sample situations, NetView automation table entries and scripts that demonstrate how to trigger IBM Tivoli NetView for z/OS automation from OMEGAMON XE for Mainframe Network situations.
The following APARs are fixed:
A Take Action DROP was issued. The connection was dropped but no
message was returned to the TEP to indicate the command had
completed. The STC had to be cancelled and restarted in order to
continue monitoring workspaces.
KN3ACTCD is changed to process responses to Take Action commands
independent of the setting of message suppression.
Fix pack 4.2.0-TIV-ITM_KN3-FP0001 is excessive in size and the README
which describes how to install the fix pack is inconsistent with the
installation instructions of previous fix packs.
Fix Pack 4.2.0-TIV-ITM_KN3-FP0001 was withdrawn and replaced with
Fix Pack 4.2.0-TIV-KN3-FP0001. Fix Pack 4.2.0-TIV-KN3-FP0001 is now
being superseded by Fix Pack 4.2.0-TIV-KN3-FP0002.
A storage quiesce occurs when there is no more available free extended
storage. After the quiesce, the product goes into a loop issuing
KONND010 messages. The complete format of the messages is:
KONND010 STORAGE FAILURE IN NCP TOPOLOGY SERVICES ROUTINE=KONAGNTS
KONAACT and KONAFACT are changed to allow all End Of Interval routines
a chance to run for each collector. In addition, what was originally
thought to be a loop in the product, where message KONND010 was issued
many times, was not a loop. It was determined that the message was
issued many times in succession equal to the number of connections
found to be active at the beginning of the ACT collection interval.
This behavior is normal and not a code error.
During a SHUTDOWN, OMEGAMON XE for Mainframe Networks abends with a
S0C4 in KN3AFACT.
Macro KONAXLN has been changed to avoid use of a zero TCBUSER field
during termination of the ACT user.
The HLLAPI script that interacts with the NetView IPTRACE command
should be more robust. Changes are needed to handle response time
differences which might be encountered on systems that run slowly.
The HLLAPI scripts are changed. The Start and Stop scripts will
detect additional conditions which formerly would cause the script
to end with errors due to slow system response.
The following problems found internally are fixed:
KN3IR926I for TABLE=FTP_SESSION and TABLE=FTP_TRANSFER issued every
historical collection interval until dataspace wraps. This happens
if historical data collection is turned on and the pointer to the
next record to be logged to history points to a record that was
collected at a time which is outside of the FTP display interval and
there is only one record within the FTP display interval.
KN3FSE@S and KN3FTP@S were modified so that bit KN3AYFxx@ROWP_INIT
in KN3AYFxx_ROWPFLAGS is turned on when the row pointer is
initialized with the pointer to the last record written to history.
If that record is found to not be within the display interval, the
bit is turned off. When the next record within the display interval
is found, it is returned instead of being skipped and possibly moving
past the last record available in the dataspace.
Persistent Data Store (PDS) exit does not include tables used for agent
KN3410PP was modified to include the KN3AGS, KN3SCS, and KN3SCS tables.
NMsMRc and NMsMRsn not being checked in IPSec response headers causing
errors to not be reported.
Function recv_IPSec_response in KN3ANMIC was modified to check for a
non-zero return code in the response header. If a non-zero return code
is received, message KN3N023E is issued.
Extended Main Storage growth for buffer pool with buffers of size
(385-400). KN3AYTAC control block not freed when command is issued.
Method free_KN3AYTAC in module KN3ACMD was modified to use the strcmp
function to verify that the control block ID equals TAC_BLOCK_ID. This
is instead of using the equality operator.
Agent Status and Command Log workspaces displayed for pre-V420 agents.
The GUI was modified so that a workspace displaying a browser view
indicating that no workspace has been defined for the agent node is now
displayed for pre-V420 agents.
The appropriate platform maintenance:
1. IBM® Tivoli® Management Services, V6.2.1 (ITM621) users install IBM Tivoli Monitoring 6.2.1 Interim Fix 4 (18.104.22.168-TIV-ITM-IF0004) or later.
2. PTF UA55030 for OMEGAMON XE for Mainframe Networks V4.2.0 (APAR number OA33102).
|IBM Tivoli Monitoring Platform Maintenance Table||English||1|
1. Use the instructions in the README (downloadable below) to install this fix pack.
Note: This fix pack includes a renewed Java certificate (Valid from: 6/15/10 8:00 PM until: 6/09/13 7:59 PM). If you have previously installed a language pack image, you must install the corresponding language pack image (downloadable below) with the matching certificate. All of the translatable Mainframe Networks strings in the user interface will revert to English until the language pack is applied.
2. If you have previously installed language packs for Mainframe Networks, use the instructions at this url: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v15r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.itm.doc_6.2.2fp2/langpack.htm to install the Mainframe Networks language packs (downloadable below). You can disregard the information provided about the media on which the language packs are normally available.
Note: The url provided here points to documentation for IBM Tivoli Monitoring Version 6.2.2 Fix Pack 2. These instructions should be used even if your environment employs an earlier level of IBM Tivoli Monitoring,
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
Problems (APARS) fixed