Capturing additional info in a log file.
Resolving the problem
Debug can be turned on depending on the type of problem. For examples, if the problem is related to crontask, the crontask logger can be set to DEBUG. If it is specific to a certain application, then the application logger can be set to DEBUG.
1) Go to System Configuration -> Platform Configuration -> Logging
2) Select Action -> Manage Appenders
3) Click New Row and fill in the following:
Appender Implementation Class: psdi.util.logging.MXFileAppender
File Name: debug.log
4) Click OK
5) In Root Loggers table window, select the "sql" logger
6) Change the Log Level field of "sql" logger to INFO
7) In Root Loggers table window, select the "service" logger
8) Change the Log Level field of "application" logger to DEBUG
9) In Root Loggers table window, select the "service" logger
10) Change the Log Level field of "service" logger to DEBUG
11) Select Action -> Manage Maximo Root Logger
12) Click on the icon beside Appenders
13) Select the "Debug" appender, which was created in step 3, and click OK
14) Change the Log Level field to INFO
15) Click on Save icon
16) Select Action -> Apply Settings
17) Restart Maximo application server within Weblogic/Websphere console for the change to take effect
18) A maximo folder will be created
in the Weblogic domain root folder
in the Websphere profile root folder.
19) Reproduce the issue again and additional info will be written to the maximo log
NOTE: Please reduce the logging level from DEBUG to ERROR after replicating the problem in production to avoid running out of memory.