Capturing additional info in a log file.
Resolving the problem
Debug can be turned on depending on the type of problem. For examples, if the problem is related to crontask, the crontask logger can be set to DEBUG. If it is specific to a certain application, then the application logger can be set to DEBUG.
1) Go to System Configuration -> Platform Configuration -> Logging .
2) Select Action -> Manage Appenders.
3) Click "New Row" and fill in the following:
Appender Implementation Class: psdi.util.logging.MXFileAppender
File Name: debug.log
4) Click OK.
5) In Root Loggers table window, select the "sql" logger.
6) Change the Log Level field of "sql" logger to INFO.
7) In the Root Loggers table window, select the "service" logger.
8) Change the Log Level field of "application" logger to DEBUG.
9) In Root Loggers table window, select the "service" logger.
10) Change the Log Level field of "service" logger to DEBUG.
11) Select Action -> Manage Maximo Root Logger.
12) Click on the icon next to Appenders.
13) Select the "Debug" appender, which was created in step 3, and click OK. 14) Change the Log Level field to INFO.
15) Click on Save icon.
16) Select Action -> Apply Settings.
17) Restart Maximo application server within Weblogic/Websphere console for the change to take effect.
18) A maximo folder will be created in the Weblogic domain root folder:
in the Websphere profile root folder.
19) Reproduce the issue again and additional info will be written to the maximo log.
NOTE: Please reduce the logging level from DEBUG to ERROR after replicating the problem in production to avoid running out of memory.