Tivoli Request For Enhancement (RFE) Process
Beginning June 11, 2011, the preferred method for all IBM Tivoli Software clients interested in entering new Requests for Enhancements (RFEs) for a majority of Tivoli Software products will be through The Tivoli Software RFE Community.
What is the Tivoli RFE Community?
The Tivoli RFE Community is a place where you can collaborate with Tivoli development teams and other product users through your ability to search, view, comment on, submit, and track product requests for enhancement (RFEs). Please refrain from contacting the Tivoli Support teams as they will redirect you to the Tivoli RFE Community.
The community acts as a front-end database bridged to the back-end using Rational Team Concert (RTC). New submissions, user comments, status changes, and developer comments are bridged between the Tivoli RFE Community and RTC several times a day. The bridge to RTC allows our development teams to work with the process and tools they are most comfortable with, while allowing our users to collaborate in an open community environment.
I. How will this change help You?
Using the Tivoli RFE Community as the preferred method for RFE submission will:
- Eliminate Multiple Touch Points that slow down communication in the RFE process.
- Increase the Transparency in the Development process for you.
- Provide Predictable Response Times for feature requests
-- Initial triage in 30 days, and
-- Disposition in 90 days.
- Empower you to Influence Tivoli product direction and road maps as well as breakdown barriers between end-users and development.
- Provide a better tool for you to Review other RFE ideas on the same product and cast a vote for their favourites.
- On-line Submission of RFEs
- Browse RFEs by product:
-- Top 20 Watched RFEs,
-- Top 20 Voted RFEs,
-- Planned RFEs, and
-- Delivered RFEs
- Online Searching for RFEs
- Vote on RFEs
- Watch RFEs
- Set Email or RSS feed notifications
- Comment on RFEs
Clients using the Tivoli Software products are encouraged to use the RFE Community Portal to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Avoids the need to open a support ticket (PMR) with Tivoli Client Support for a simple enhancement request*
- Avoids the need to call Tivoli Client Support to determine the status of a given RFE.
*Note: The RFE Community portal is intended for enhancement requests only. That is, it is limited to those cases where it is clear that the product is working as designed, but additional functionality is desired. It is not intended as a substitute for troubleshooting product issues or creating / submitting defects.
IV. Important Links
- Tivoli RFE Community home page -
- Tivoli RFE Community FAQ page - See Help Section of Tivoli RFE Community
- RFE status values and definitions - See Help Section of Tivoli RFE Community
- Contact the Tivoli RFE Community team - firstname.lastname@example.org
More support for:
Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Transactions
Software version: All Versions
Operating system(s): Platform Independent
Reference #: 1449404
Modified date: 14 June 2011