Error list fails to display with IBM Rational Developer for Power Systems Software
When performing a batch compile on an object in an iProject with IBM Rational Developer for Power Systems Software, the error list may not display if certain conditions are met.
The error list is found when selecting the job under the Job Status and right clicking for the menu selection Task Actions/Retrieve Errors.
There can be several reasons why the error list will not be displayed. All of the reason have to do with the way the event file is read or produced or called.
Diagnosing the problem
To check to see if the event file can be generated successfully:
- Run Remote Actions/Compile (Prompt) to make sure the program library and the source library is the same.
- Run Compile
- Go to the Remote Systems Explorer perspective and find the library. Expand the EVFEVENT and check to see if the member <program-name>.mbr exists.
- Right click the <program-name>.mbr and select "Show in Error List"
- Go back to the iProject perspective and check the Job Status. If the status has been changed to *OUTQ, try Retrieve Error.
Resolving the problem
The following list of items, applicable to your situation, should be confirmed to ensure the error list is displayed:
- The job status is not in *OUTQ, but instead is still *ACTIVE.
- If a compile is submitted where the target library for the objects in the compile is not the associated library, the errors go into the target library and not the associated library.
- If the file member with the error <object library>/EVFEVENT/<program-name> can not be read because of limited authority, the error list may not be populated.
- If you defined a compile command and left off OPTION(*EVENTF), the errors would not be generated.
More support for:
Rational Developer for Power Systems Software
RPG and COBOL Development Tools for i
Software version: 7.5, 7.6, 8.0
Operating system(s): Windows
Reference #: 1447712
Modified date: 29 December 2010