Prerequisites and requirements for using DB2 9.1.8 for Linux, UNIX and Windows with Optim Query Tuner for DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows, Version 126.96.36.199, and Data Studio, Version 188.8.131.52 (stand-alone)
What are the steps for configuring DB2 9.1.8 for Linux, UNIX and Windows to work with Optim Query Tuner for DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows, Version 184.108.40.206, and Data Studio, Version 220.127.116.11 (stand-alone)?
- Configure the DB2 instance by following these steps:
- Ensure that your user ID has SYSADM authority.
- In a Command Prompt window, connect to the instance and run the following command:
- db2set DB2_USE_DB2JCCT2_JROUTINE=yes
- In a DB2 command-line processor window, run the following command:
- db2 update dbm cfg using KEEPFENCED NO
- (Optional) In a DB2 command-line processor window, run the following command to ensure no active transactions are running before you stop and restart the instance.
- LIST APPLICATIONS SHOW DETAIL
- In the Command Prompt window, run the following commands to stop and restart the DB2 instance for the change to take effect.
- Define EXPLAIN tables by following these steps:
- Ensure that your user ID has the CREATE TABLE, CREATE INDEX, and CREATE FUNCTION privileges in the target database instance.
- Define EXPLAIN tables by running the EXPLAIN.DDL file from a DB2 command window. By default, the EXPLAIN.DDL file is located in C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\MISC for Windows, /opt/ibm/db2/V9.1 for Linux, and /opt/IBM/db2/V9.1 for AIX, HP-UX, and Solaris Operating Environment. (Please note that if you have more than one copy of DB2 installed, the DB2 database product installation path has _xx added to it, where xx are digits, starting at 01 and increasing depending on how many DB2 copies you have installed.)
- Give the other users who need to use Optim Query Tuner for DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows and Data Studio access to these tables.
|Information Management||Data Studio||Linux, Windows||18.104.22.168|
More support for:
Optim Query Tuner for DB2 for Linux- UNIX and Windows
Software version: 22.214.171.124
Operating system(s): Linux, Windows
Reference #: 1425726
Modified date: 2010-06-07