Error SQL30082N Reason Code 19 or 24
What should I do if I receive the following error when trying to log-in to my DB2 instance:
SQL30082N Security processing failed with reason "19" ("USERID DISABLED or RESTRICTED"). SQLSTATE=08001
SQL30082N Security processing failed with reason "24" ("USERNAME AND/OR
PASSWORD INVALID"). SQLSTATE=08001
Resolving the problem
1.) Make sure that your user ID connecting to the DB2 database is not locked. (If the user id is locked out or disabled please contact your system administrator as this is outside of DB2 support scope.)
2.) Please make sure that the User ID in questions meets the following requirement:
- Must have a primary group other than guests, admins, users, and local
- Can include lowercase letters (a-z), numbers (0-9), and the underscore character ( _ )
- Cannot be longer than eight characters
- Cannot begin with IBM , SYS, SQL, or a number
- Cannot be a DB2 reserved word (USERS, ADMINS, GUESTS, PUBLIC, or LOCAL), or an SQL reserved word
- Cannot use any User IDs with root privilege for the DB2 instance ID, DAS ID or fenced ID.
- Cannot include accented characters
- If existing user IDs are specified instead of creating new user IDs, make sure that the user IDs:
- Do not have expired passwords
- Is allowed to login (lsuser reports login=true)
3.) On AIX, you can try setting the following DB2 System Environment Variable:
4.) If you are on Windows please make sure that the group the user is apart of is added to: "Access this computer from network". To check this please do the following:
- Click on Start->Run from the Windows start menu
- Type "secpol.msc"
- Go to Local Policies->User Rights Assignments.
- Double-click on "Access this computer from network"
For more information on this topic please see the "Related URL" for more information
More support for:
DB2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows
Database Objects/Config - Instance
Software version: 9.7, 10.1, 10.5, 11.1
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Software edition: Advanced Enterprise Server, Advanced Workgroup Server, Enterprise Server, Workgroup Server
Reference #: 1409496
Modified date: 22 March 2011