Setting up a Rational Team Concert local update repository served by an HTTP server
How do I set up an IBM Rational Team Concert local update repository served by an HTTP server so users can download the client updates from this server?
The following step describe the local update repository set up to be served by an HTTP server:
- Go to the Jazz download location.
- Download the preferred version of the Server and Optional Features (Local Install).
- Download the preferred version of the Client for Eclipse IDE (Local Install).
- Extract the compressed files on a local file system.
- Find the directory "rtc/im-repo". This directory contains a repository.config file, which describes the composite repository that is comprised of several repositories in the rtc/im-repo/parts directory.
Note: Even though the download files have platform specific segments, such as "Win32", the included Installation Manager repositories are not platform specific and can be installed on any operating system.
- Copy this directory
- Paste this directory to the rtc/im-repo directory to the Web server.
- Configure the Eclipse client IBM Installation Manager to point to the created directory on the Web server.
- Open IBM Installation Manager, and click File >Preferences:
- Click Add repository, enter the URL of the im-repo folder copied under the HTTP server:
- Click OK twice (to close the wizard)
- Install the software.
Jazz and Rational Team Concert have an active community that can provide you with additional resources. Browse and contribute to the User forums, contribute to the Team Blog and review the Team wiki.