The error "CODDB3008E An error that prevented the system from accessing the database occurred." is encountered while attempting to view agent status information or importing IBM software catalog.
Inability to view agent status information
Database connectivity had to be reset for the userid accessing the database, possibly due to account password expiration.
Run the db2 command below to ensure the tlmsrv user ID is able to access to the TLMA db.
db2 "connect to <db> user <tlmsrv> using <tlmsrv's password>"
Chances are you might get this error.
SQL30082N Security processing failed with reason "1" ("PASSWORD EXPIRED").
There is a potential that tmsrv user account has been locked out due to number of failure login attempts. Ask the sysadmin to check that out as well.
AIX 5.3 TL9, DB2 V9.1
Resolving the problem
After password was reset and a manual connection to the database was tested, the password needed to be changed for tlmsrv in LMT_JAAS_Auth. See the steps below:
1. Login to LMT Integrated Console
2. Go to: Security --> Secure administration... --> Secure administration, applications,... -> J2C authentication data -> LMT_JAAS_Auth
3. Type the correct password for tlmsrv user ID. (must be the same as the OS password for tlmsrv).
4. Click on OK or Apply.
5. You still need to click on "save" option on the top screen when it prompts you. This will ensure the change saved in the eWAS security.xml file. This part is important.
6. You could test it out to see if it works. If it does not, verify if you are still able to access to TLMA db using tlmsrv user ID.
db2 connect to TLMA user tlmsrv using <pass>
Try restarting the LMT server service.
Important Note: Before you are doing the above steps, you should make a backup copy of the security.xml file on your TLMT server. In the event, something has happened for unknown reason, you will be able to restore the security settings back to before.
<TLMT install dir>\eWAS\profiles\AppSrv01\config\cells\cell1
Contact Tivoli Support Team if you require further assistance.