Creating a SQL Log File to Troubleshoot Problems
Is there a way to turn on and create a log file using the front end logging application?
1. Go to the Logging application.
2. From the "Select Action" menu, select "Manage Maximo Root Logger".
3. Click on the book icon next to the Appenders field.
4. Select "Rolling".
5. Click OK.
6. From the "Select Action" menu, "Apply Settings".
To log all SQL statements the SQL logger in the Logging application should be set to INFO:
7. From the "Select Actions" menu, "Apply Settings".
8. From the "Select Actions" drop down and select "Set Logging Root Folder".
9. Enter a valid path in the "Set Logging Root Folder" field.
10. Click OK.
11. From the "Select Actions" menu, "Apply Settings".
12. Restart the application server for this change to take effect.
13. Perform some operations in Maximo.
14. Check that a Maximo log has been created in the root logging folder.
SQL statements have been recorded in the log:
Turning on the SQL logger may put 3-4% overhead on performance. After replicating the problem and collecting SQL logs, please set the logging level back to ERROR so it will not effect performance.
|Systems and Asset Management||Tivoli Asset Management for IT||Not Applicable|
|Systems and Asset Management||Maximo Asset Management Essentials||Not Applicable|
More support for:
Maximo Asset Management
Software version: 7.1, 7.1.1, 7.5
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Software edition: Edition Independent
Reference #: 1385917
Modified date: 2011-08-10