User encounters the following error on attempt to invoke Cognos Connection from a browser.
The error message also appears in the log file ...\cognos\c8\logs\localhost.log.
The error does not bring down the system immediately.
There are many errors recorded over a number of days in the localhost.log.
However, the system will fail eventually and the user will see the HTTP 500 error on attempt to connect to Cognos Connection.
A reboot of the machine will resolve the problem for a few days, before it will fail again.
HTTP Status 500 - Apache Tomcat java.lang.Outofmemoryerror
Corrupted Content Store which causes the Content Manager to fail intermittently.
Resolving the problem
Create a new Content Store and import application data from the old one using a full Content Store Deployment.Steps:
- Goto 'Tools - Content Administration' to create a new deployment Export.
- Create a new database on the server where the Content Store will reside.
- Invoke Configuration Manager and change the Content Store to the new name.
- Save and start the Cognos8 service to populate the empty database with the Content Store tables.
- Connect to Cognos Connection after the Cognos8 service has started.
- Goto 'Tools - Content Administration' and follow the online dialog to import the full deployment created in step 1.
- The system is ready to use once the import completes.