How to set up and monitor SOAP messages from the SDK using TcpMon Tool.
Resolving the problem
1) Double-click <Cognos_install_location>\webapps\p2pd\WEB-INF\tcpmon.bat in your windows development environment.
2) Only the following 3 entries need to be edited:
Listen Port #
Target Port #
If the URL used to connect to ReportNet or Cognos 8 in the SDK code looks like the following:
Enter the following values for the 3 entries:
Listen Port #: 9999
Target Hostname: <servername>
Target Port #: 9300
3) Click the Add button.
4) Edit the Endpoint URL used to connect to CRN or Cognos 8 in the SDK code to:
5) Compile and Run the SDK application code.
6) Go back to TCPMonitor and click the 'Port 9999' tab.
The top portion of the display is used to select a piece of conversation.
The middle portion of the display is the SOAP request.
The bottom portion of the display is the SOAP response.
7. See that the Soap Requests / Reply commands are in the displays.
8. For saving the Soap Trace, Control Click all the lines in the Top portion, then use the Save button to save all requests / replies to a file in the Operating System.
9. Send this file for review.
Attached to this Knowledge Base document is a text file with summarized instructions.
To run tcpmon on UNIX:
Use the following command from /<Cognos_install_location>/webapps/p2pd/WEB-INF:
/home/jre14/jre/bin/java -cp lib/axis.jar org.apache.axis.utils.tcpmon
Note: Change the directory to where "java" executable is actually installed on your UNIX server.
Follow the directions above to setup the trace.