Finding the most current DB2 for z/OS documentation and answers to other documentation questions
Where can I find the most current information for DB2® for z/OS®? Where can I download PDF format manuals? How do I get licensed information? How do I send feedback? And more...
If your question is not included in the following list, submit it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where can I find the most current information for DB2 for z/OS?
You can always find the most up-to-date information about DB2 for z/OS in IBM Knowledge Center. IBM Knowledge Center is continually updated, as soon as content changes are ready. New PDF manual editions are published on a less frequent basis. The currency of a PDF manual is indicated by the date in the edition notice.
How can I tell which information has been updated?
In IBM Knowledge Center, revisions are marked like this sentence, with blue caret or "chevron" graphics.
For some versions, a different icon style is used.
| In PDF format, revisions are marked with vertical bars in the left margin, as shown here, next to this sentence.
Revision marks indicate the following types of changes:
- Technical revisions that reflect changed DB2 externals that are introduced by a new DB2 release or by maintenance after general availability.
- Technical clarifications for unchanged DB2 externals in response to customer and internal feedback.
Editorial and organizational changes that do not affect the technical meaning of the content are generally not marked.
How can I obtain documentation in PDF format?
Important: To find the most up-to-date content, always use IBM Knowledge Center, which is continually updated as soon as changes are ready. PDF manuals are updated only when new editions are published, on a less frequent basis.
You can download the PDF manuals from one of the following pages:
- The Product Documentation page for your DB2 for z/OS release:
- IBM Publications Center—Select your region and search for the book you want by title or publication number, omitting the final -xx. Then follow the instructions for downloading the manual.
Exception: The DB2 10 for z/OS and DB2 11 for z/OS Diagnosis Guide and Reference licensed publications are not published in IBM Knowledge Center or IBM Publications Center. For details, see: How do I get licensed information?
How can I obtain printed documentation?
You can print your own copies of the most current editions of the PDF format manuals. See How can I obtain documentation in PDF format?
IBM no longer prints books and makes them available in hardcopy format. The main reason for this change is that the printed information becomes out of date very quickly. The DB2 for z/OS writing team updates the product information many times during the life of each release.
How do I obtain licensed information?
DB2 12 for z/OS does not include any licensed information. The licensed content that was included in the DB2 10 for z/OS and DB2 11 for z/OS Diagnosis Guide and Reference publications is now available for DB2 12 in one of two places.
- Approximately 60% of the content is now available in IBM Knowledge Center.
- Approximately 40% of the content is now available in entitled techdocs that are viewable only by people who have DB2 12 for z/OS licenses.
The licensed Diagnosis Guide and Reference publications for DB2 10 for z/OS and DB2 11 for z/OS will be available until the corresponding version of DB2 for z/OS goes out of service. You can find these publications in PDF format in member DSNDR in data set prefix.SDSNIVPD. To retrieve and read the DB2 10 or DB2 11 Diagnosis Guide and Reference, download DSNDR to your workstation in binary format, and open it in a PDF reader, such as Adobe Reader.
How do I send feedback about the DB2 for z/OS product information?
Send your comments to email@example.com.
How do I get information in languages other than English?
The following resources are translated:
- Most DB2 for z/OS documentation is available in Japanese, and some information is available in Korean, Spanish, Brazilian-Portuguese, and German. Periodically, IBM retranslates the English language content that has been updated, but retranslation occurs on an infrequent basis.
In IBM Knowledge Center, the content can be displayed in a specific language, if available. Content that is not available in the specific language is displayed in English. For information about viewing translated content, see the Knowledge Center help topic about viewing content in your own language.
- Translated PDF format manuals are available in IBM Publication Center. The Translated Product Documentation page contains direct links.
- You can dynamically translate any page on the IBM Support Portal by selecting a language in the Translate this page drop-down box and clicking the >.
- For other IBM websites, See the directory of worldwide IBM contacts.
What other information resources are available?
For a list of available information resources, see the information roadmaps in IBM Knowledge Center.
How can I effectively search DB2 information on the web?
To search for APARs and other Q&As on the IBM Support Portal, use the standard terms that our Support team uses.
Search in IBM Knowledge Center.
|Information Management||DB2 for z/OS Value Unit Edition||z/OS|
Translate this page: