MustGather: IBM Informix Extended Parallel Server (XPS) General information
MustGather information for problems with Extended Parallel Server (XPS) problem. Gathering this information before calling IBM® support helps familiarize you with the troubleshooting process and saves you time.
Gathering general information
For IBM® Informix® products, gather the following information for any problem:
MustGather: General Information to collect for Informix Family product problems
General information for IBM Informix XPS
- How many co-servers? Defined in the Administrators Guide in chapter 1.
- How many nodes? Defined in the Administrators Guide in chapter 1.
- Are all co-servers online? Verify this with 'xctl onstat -'.
- How many co-servers are defined? Verify by looking at the bottom of $INFORMIXDIR/etc/$ONCONFIG file.
- Is this a patched version? If so, what is the bug and/or case number associated with the patch?
- Is there anything in the OS logs (syslogs) concerning this error?
- Was the system load normal or high?
- If you are getting an error number, consider trapping the error with 'onmode -I'. See appendix B of the Administrators Guide.
- Do you know what was being executed when the error occurred?
- Do you have any suspicions as to what caused the error?
If so, can it be narrowed to an SQL statement? Running onstat -g ses might help.
- If a query initiated the failure, which co-server was the query initiated from?
- Will the errant query run from another co-server?
- Has this process functioned properly previously?
AIX operating system
- If the OS is AIX:
- What version of PSSP (switch version)?
- Any recent changes to the switch? When and what?
- Are silvernodes used?
Submitting information to IBM Support
Once you have collected your information, you can begin Problem Determination through the product Support web page, or simply submit the diagnostic information to IBM support.
You can submit files using one of following methods to help speed problem diagnosis:
- IBM Support Assistant (ISA)
- Electronic Service Request (ESR)
- FTP to the Enhanced Customer Data Repository (ECuRep)
See the Related information article, Submitting diagnostic information to IBM Technical Support for problem determination