On November 3, 2009, IBM released the optional IBM Tivoli Monitoring Agent for Maximo 6.2.1 Feature Pack.
The feature pack is optional. You can download it if you want to use the capabilities of IBM Tivoli Monitoring. The feature pack includes Tivoli Monitoring software that you can use to monitor your Maximo Asset Management infrastructure and applications.
You can install and use this feature pack only in accordance with the terms of the license, and only to monitor your Maximo infrastructure and Maximo applications. If you want to use the feature pack for additional purposes, you must obtain an additional license.
About IBM Tivoli Monitoring
Tivoli Monitoring is a product that is independent of Maximo Asset Management. However, by using Tivoli Monitoring and the Monitoring Agent for Maximo, you can monitor aspects of your Maximo infrastructure and applications. The aspects that you can monitor include server memory statistics, cron tasks, user connections, database connections, installed products and licenses, cron tasks, and other system information.
Downloading, installing, and configuring the feature pack are considerable tasks. Before you start these tasks, you must carefully plan how you intend to deploy and use Tivoli Monitoring.
Before you download the feature pack, study the information about Tivoli Monitoring available at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v15r1/index.jsp?toc=/com.ibm.itm.doc/toc.xml.
Before you download the feature pack
Do the following steps before you download the feature pack:
- Review the documentation for Tivoli Monitoring 6.2.1 at the following information center: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v15r1/topic/com.ibm.itm.doc_6.2.1/welcome.htm.
- Plan your deployment of Tivoli Monitoring, as described in the Tivoli Monitoring Installation and Setup Guide, which is available from the information center.
- You must be running Maximo version 6.2.8 to use the Monitoring Agent for Maximo.
- Download the License file. This download is mandatory. Immediately launch the install.exe and follow the instructions to install the license. You must accept the terms of the license agreement to proceed any further. The install program copies the license files to your hard drive.
- Download the Tivoli Monitoring 6.2.1 file. This download is mandatory. It contains the Tivoli Monitoring software as well as data warehouse and operating system monitoring agents.
- Download the Monitoring Agent for Maximo file. This download is necessary if you want to monitor your Maximo infrastructure.
- Download the User's Guide file. This is the Monitoring Agent for Maximo User's Guide, which provides information on using the agent after it has been installed and deployed.
- If you want to be able to monitor your database, download one of the following files, depending on the type of database you use:
- Database monitoring agent for an IBM DB2 database. This download also includes early versions of agents for Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases, but the following separate downloads offer agents that are more robust.
- SQL monitoring agent for a Microsoft SQL Server database
- Oracle monitoring agent for an Oracle database
- If you use IBM WebSphere Application Server and want to be able to monitor it, download one of the following sets of files, depending on your operating system:
- WebSphere agent (Windows) and WebSphere data collector (Windows)
- WebSphere agent (UNIX) and WebSphere data collector (UNIX)
- WebSphere agent (Linux) and WebSphere data collector (Linux)
- If you use Oracle WebLogic Server and want to be able to monitor it, download one of the following files, depending on your operating system:
- J2EE agent (Windows)
- J2EE agent (UNIX)
- If you did not already run the downloaded license file install.exe, run it now. You must accept the terms of the license agreement to proceed any further. The install program copies the license files to your hard drive.
- Uncompress the Tivoli Monitoring 6.2.1 file that you downloaded, and install and configure Tivoli Monitoring as described in the Tivoli Monitoring Installation and Setup Guide For more installation information, see http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v15r1/topic/com.ibm.itm.doc_6.2.1/itm_install.htm.
- If you downloaded a file to monitor your database, uncompress the download and install it as described in the Tivoli Monitoring Installation and Setup Guide. For more installation information, see http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v15r1/topic/com.ibm.itmfd.doc/welcome.htm.
- If you downloaded a file to monitor WebSphere Application Server, uncompress the download and run the setup program. For more installation information, see http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v3r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.itcamwas.doc_6.1/KYN62IG.html.
- If you downloaded a data collector file, uncompress the download and run the setup program. For more installation information, see http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v3r1/topic/com.ibm.itcamwas_j.doc_6.1/welcome.htm.
- To install the Monitoring Agent for Maximo, do the following steps:
- Uncompress the downloaded agentbuilder.zip file to the root drive of the server on which you installed Tivoli Monitoring.
- In the Manage Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Services window, stop all the agents.
- At a command prompt, change to the ...\install\agents\maximo directory.
- Enter the command installira c:\ibm\itm where c:\ibm\itm is your Tivoli Monitoring home directory. When the install completes, an Install... successful message is displayed.
- In the Manage Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Services window, right-click the Monitoring Agent for Maximo and select Reconfigure.
- In the first window, accept the defaults for the Primary TEMS Connection fields and click OK.
- In the next window, verify that the host name and port number are correct and click OK.
- In the Maximo Configuration window, select the Application Configuration tab.
- In the Host field, specify the host name for the Maximo server. Do not specify the http:// prefix.
- In the Port field, specify the port number for the Maximo server.
- In the User and Password fields, specify a Maximo user that the agent can use to log in to Maximo.
- In the ITM Java Home Directory field, specify the path to the location where Java is installed on the Tivoli Monitoring server. Do not specify a backslash as the last character.
- Click OK.
- In the Manage Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Services window, restart the agents.
Downloading the feature pack
The feature pack includes a number of downloadable files, including a license, Tivoli Monitoring, several optional agents, the Monitoring Agent for Maximo, and an agent user's guide. Download only the agents you require, depending on your monitoring plans and on the database and application server you use.
You download each file from the "Download package" table below. Do the following steps to download only the files you require:
Installing the feature pack
After you have downloaded the files you require, you must uncompress and install some of the files by running separate and independent setup programs. The complete installation process is a considerable task, and you need to be familiar with some of the tools and applications of Tivoli Monitoring to complete the installation. To install the feature pack, do the following steps:
Configuring the Monitoring Agent for Maximo
Before you start the agent, you must configure it by doing the following steps:
Using the Monitoring Agent for Maximo
Before you use the Monitoring Agent for Maximo, read the guide that you downloaded entitled Monitoring Agent for Maximo User's Guide in conjunction with the other Tivoli Monitoring documentation.
Extensive monitoring can increase the load on your server. For best results, use selective monitoring for problem diagnosis only.
You can use this feature pack only in accordance with the terms of the license, and only to monitor your Maximo infrastructure and Maximo applications. If you want to use the feature pack for additional purposes, you must obtain an additional license.
Maximo Asset Management 6.2.5 Fix Pack
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options
What is Fix Central (FC)?
|Tivoli Monitoring 6.2.1||11/3/2009||English||917538036||FC|
|Monitoring Agent for Maximo||11/3/2009||English||4191855||FC|
|Database monitoring agent||11/3/2009||English||2837995520||FC|
|SQL Server monitoring agent||11/3/2009||English||425349120||FC|
|Oracle monitoring agent||11/3/2009||English||2274037760||FC|
|WebSphere agent (Windows)||11/3/2009||English||108171264||FC|
|WebSphere data collector (Windows)||11/3/2009||English||148784620||FC|
|WebSphere agent (UNIX)||11/3/2009||English||693043200||FC|
|WebSphere data collector (UNIX)||11/3/2009||English||456826880||FC|
|WebSphere agent (Linux)||11/3/2009||English||545986560||FC|
|WebSphere data collector (Linux)||11/3/2009||English||293498880||FC|
|J2EE agent (Windows)||11/3/2009||English||107596404||FC|
|J2EE agent (UNIX)||11/3/2009||English||718643200||FC|
|WebLogic data collector (multi)||11/3/2009||English||648171520||FC|