IBM Tivoli Service Automation Manager (TSAM) Extension for Workload Automation provides a solution to integrate Tivoli Service Automation Manager with Tivoli Workload Automation. TSAM Extension for Workload Automation provides on-demand provisioning and de-provisioning of workload-automation ready environments.
In addition to this, TSAM Extension for Workload Automation job type with advanced options is also released.
IBM Tivoli Service Automation Manager (TSAM) Extension for Workload Automation provides a solution to integrate Tivoli Service Automation Manager with Tivoli Workload Automation.
- Tivoli Service Automation Manager assists you in the automated provisioning, management, and deprovisioning of IT landscapes, comprised of hardware servers, networks, operating systems, middleware, and application-level software. Users can deploy, monitor, and manage cloud computing services. It also provides traceable approvals and processes.
- Tivoli Workload Automation plans, monitors, and controls the flow of work through your enterprise's entire operation on both local and remote systems. From a single point of control, Tivoli Workload Automation analyzes the status of the production work and drives the processing of the workload according to installation business policies. It supports a multiple-end-user environment, enabling distributed processing and control across sites and departments within your enterprise.
The benefits that can be gained from using TSAM Extension for Workload Automation are the following:
- Agents are easily deployed and installed by the operator, without intervention by the system administrator.
- Prerequisite checks are performed only once when defining the template to be used in future installations. The template is re-used in all subsequent installations.
- No prerequisite knowledge of Tivoli Workload Automation is required. All necessary information is available in the validated template.
- Workstations are deployed on-demand, on a just-in-time basis when new resources are required and can be deleted when they are no longer necessary.
- All new workstations are automatically installed, configured, and added to a pool, so that they are ready for scheduling, without having to wait for the next production day.
- The pool owner, defined when creating the pool, is automatically granted administrator privileges on the pool.
To report a problem with downloading this entry, contact the IBM ISM Library Administration.
This package is subject to the terms and conditions displayed upon download.
This download has been prepared and reviewed by IBM. It is offered "AS IS" to existing customers. Support is not provided for this download.
Append a comment and rate this item to provide feedback and questions directly to the content submitter. You can also use the forum or community links under the related product resources to reach the Service Management Connect area for the indicated product.
- IBM Tivoli Service Automation Manager, Version 188.8.131.52
- IBM Tivoli Workload Automation, Version 8.6