The provided scripts can be used to retrieve health statistics (power and temperature) from Cisco UCS Manager for managed UCS chassis and blades.
The "IBM Tivoli Monitoring for Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) Health Scripts" package has been assembled to assist interested parties in monitoring the health of their Cisco UCS systems. It contains information that will allow an organization using IBM Tivoli Monitoring (ITM) to poll UCS Manager for system health data and display the results in ITM (and even Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus if so desired). The system health data gathered on a per-blade basis are:
- Power usage
- Voltage and Current (12V)
- Temperatures at CPU 1 and 2, DIMM 1, Front and Rear Sensors (in degrees Celsius)
This package contains the following:
- A whitepaper describing how to integrate Cisco UCS with IBM Tivoli Monitoring (ITM) and IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus software to monitor system health (power and temperature metrics) for managed chassis and blades. The whitepaper also discusses integrating UCS fault information into Netcool/OMNIbus.
- An Agent Builder generated Agent that is used to integrate key Cisco USC Manager metrics into ITM. Key metrics include power and temperature measurements for the managed UCS chassis and blades. In addition, there is a script to retrieve faults from UCS Manager and send those faults to a Netcool/OMNIbus ObjectServer.
Consult the IBM Website for more information on IBM Tivoli Monitoring.
To report a problem with downloading this entry, contact the IBM ISM Library Administration.
This package is subject to the terms and conditions displayed upon download.
To report a problem with deploying the download file from this entry, entitled customers may contact the country specific IBM / Tivoli support channel listed at IBM Directory of worldwide contacts.
To open a support request, use the product listed under the "IBM Products integration works with" section of the "Details" tab that indicates the main product the integration works with. Inform the solution integration was downloaded from the ISM Library providing the title of the integration and the related product.
You can also append a comment and rate this item to provide feedback and questions directly to the content submitter. You can also use the forum or community links under the related product resources to reach the IBM Service Management Connect area for the indicated product.
Specific support information for this integration may follow:
IBM Tivoli Monitoring 6.2.1
- UCS Manager v1.0(1e)
- perl 5.8.x
- IBM Tivoli Monitoring 6.2.1 (IF0002) or higher
- Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus 7.2 or higher
- Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus Exec probe (nco_p_exec)
- Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus Tivoli EIF proe (nco_p_tivoli_eif)