Welcome to the new Africa Skills Academy Portal
We have changed the interface of the portal and have made available additional landing pages like Careers, where you will be able to get information about the courses we are offering for each career path, and the Open Badges, where you will be able to see information about the Badges offered for a specific career path and what are the criteria's to earn them.
Share your experience with us
Good news! We are currently in the process of publishing your success stories. Would you like to share your experience on our Facebook page? Send us your picture in our Facebook inbox and tell us how you feel about the MEAU program.
Best Student Recognition Event from EMEA
Join us to congratulate Louis Kojo from Ghana, Nigeria for being one out of only 80 students selected from EMEA for the Best Student Recognition Event (BSRE), after securing a score of 90% in Big Data.
To know more: Please visit our Facebook Page.
Africa Skills Academy on IBM Global Jobs Blog
We are pleased to announce that Africa Skills Academy just got featured on IBM Global Jobs Blog. To read more about what the Business Development Executive Academia, Andrea Emiliani has to stay about the program, please click here.
Asia Pacific Portal
We are glad to announce that the IBM Skills Academy have expanded to the Asia Pacific region. To know more about the Asia Pacific Skills Academy, please click here.
IBM Skills Academy Open Badges
We are pleased to announce that we have started issuing Open Badges for our Program. To know the immense value that the Open Badges can bring to you, please click here.
The IBM Africa Skills Academy Program is IBM's premier training and certification initiative for academia in the MEA region. The program provides unique academic roadmaps for faculty members and students, preparing them to succeed in demanding positions unique to the market. The program provides a world class training experience, leveraging IBM official courses, IBM official instructors and hands-on laboratories in multiple languages.
IBM is dedicated to the Middle East & Africa as a hub for innovation. We are working with regional universities to establish long-term partnerships. We are rapidly building our talent pipeline by developing graduate programs for students that will foster talent within IBM and build a continent-wide IT ecosystem.
IBM Official Press Release:
IBM Point of View in Africa
Skills for the Future of Africa
Students are at the core of a unique learning experience, with access to leading-edge professional skills development. Through our anytime-anywhere approach, students are engaged in hands-on training exercises from any location. Students also have the chance to participate in IBM contests and internship opportunities, gaining increased exposure to hiring managers, industry partners and IBM recruitment leaders.
Through IBM's official training, exams and certifications, teachers have an opportunity to improve their skills. Teachers excelling in the program will be considered for future training opportunities in the region. They will receive up-to-date materials to deliver their courses.
Universities benefit from the adoption of a cloud-enabled learning environment provided by IBM. This platform contains a series of IBM official training courses that accelerate the adoption of the latest technology in the university curriculum. This means students work on real-life industry scenarios to develop critical thinking skills.
The IBM Career Paths provide an educational program focusing on job role based training and certifications aligned to the global IT industry needs.
To know more about the Career Paths, please
The IBM Open badges are a new online standard to recognize and verify skills acquired throughout the learning process. Each badge contains verified metadata describing your qualifications and the rigorous process necessary to earn them.
To know more about the Open Badges, please
The IBM Africa Skills Academy portal is a learning platform through which students and faculty members access IBM Career Paths. The portal offers a unique mobile learning experience designed exclusively for students. The platform offers a personalized experience through self-assessment quizzes, progress tracking and interactive learning tools, in multiple languages.
IBM Cloud Labs is a cloud-computing platform allowing students and faculty members to perform hands-on training exercises. The platform provides access to technical know-how through real-time unrestricted access to enterprise software.
Train and certify in next-generation technologies and prepare for a job role in the IT industry.
Collaborate with experts from the industry and educate students to international standards.
Provide an environment that offers cutting-edge training in technology and is aligned to the IT industry needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Only the users that have been authorised to access the portal can sign in.
- How do I get authorisation to access the portal?
- If you belong to an institution registered in the program please contact your institution focal point.
- If you are not from an authorised institution, please refer to the contact us section to enroll your institution in the program or reach the IBM Africa Skills Academy Help desk.
- What ID do I use to sign in?
- You must have a valid IBM id to sign in. Click here to register an IBM ID
- Will I get a certificate when I complete the course?
- You will get a certificate and a badge when you pass the Mastery exam at the end of the course.
- What kind of badges will I earn?
- We are offering different types of badges per Career Path. You can learn more about it here
- What kind of Careers can I sign up for?
- We have different Career Path offerings. You can learn more about it here
- I’m looking to hire students from your program, what should I do?
- We have a tool that you can use to connect with our graduates. Please contact us so we can get started.
- I’m an IBM Business Partner/Customer, Can I take the course?
- Each of the requirement has to be treated on its merit with a Business case. Please contact our Skills Academy Helpdesk to discuss the requirements.
- My name or email address is not correct
- Click here to update your IBM ID profile
- Why do I see the message "You are not registered for any course in IBM Skills Academy" after sign in?
- Please make sure that you are enrolled in a Career Path before signing in. (Contact your institution focal point to confirm your enrolment)
- If you are enrolled, try closing your browser and sign-in again.
- If issue still exists, please refer to the contact us section.
- I am having problems opening courses, playing videos or downloading files
- Visit the Prepare your system page to verify you have a supported browser and required plug-ins.
- I receive other errors trying to access IBM Skills Academy or course content
- Try completely closing your browser, wait a few minutes then try again.
- Contact technical support and provide a screen capture of the error you are seeing, plus your browser version, operating system version and a description of what you were trying to do when you received the error.
- Which platforms and browsers are supported?
- Check if your browser and platform is supported: Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome on Windows; Safari on Mac, Ipad, Iphone; Chrome on Android tablets and smartphones.
- Visit the Prepare your system page to verify you have the required plug-ins.
- If you're still having technical issues, please contact our technical support and provide a screen shot of the error you are seeing, your browser version, operating system version and a description of what you were trying to do when you received the error.
- My progress bar is not updating even after I completed the course
- Please contact our technical support and provide a screen shot of the error you are seeing, your browser version, operating system version and a description of what you were trying to do when you received the error.
- I can’t download the flyer/abstract in the Careers Page
- Please contact our Skills Academy Helpdesk and provide a screen shot of the error you are seeing, your browser version, operating system version and a description of what you were trying to do when you received the error.