IBM Global Procurement Supply Portal is a strategic gateway that integrates procurement applications and management of the purchasing process across the supply chain under one umbrella. Procurement Portal makes it easier to manage the purchasing process using a single registration process for suppliers and host IBM users by enabling secure collaboration and transaction exchange over the Internet.
For Supply Portal Application Help/Userguide, click here.
For other Application Help/Userguides, click here.
Guest. A company that uses the Supply Portal as an external customer (in other words, a supplier company).
Host. The company that hosts the Supply Portal application and uses the Supply Portal as an internal customer, in this case IBM.
Obtain a userid and password
If you are a guest user, you must go to the IBM Registration (IR) site and obtain a userid and password before you can enroll for any of the restricted applications under the Supply Portal.
From the Supply Portal Overview page, click either Register under the IBM Registration heading. This will take you to the Register page at the IBM Registration (IR) site.
Complete the fields on the Register page. Most of the fields are self-explanatory. The fields designated in the registration form with an asterisk (*) are required to complete this transaction; other fields are optional.
Important! Be sure to keep a written record of your userid and password.
If you are a host user, your userid will be your IBM E-Mail address and IBM Intranet Password (IIP).
Access your personalized My Portal: My Functions page
All users who have obtained a userid and password can access a personalized My Portal: My Functions page, which lists their user functions and links to public applications and the restricted applications they have enrolled for.
To access your personalized My Portal: My Functions page, click My Portal: My Functions from the Overview page. Provide your username and password, and your personalized My Portal: My Functions page will appear.
|User role||Role description and user functions|
|First time user ||A guest or host Supply Portal user who has not yet obtained a userid and password. A first time user becomes a new user after obtaining a userid and password. A first time user can access public applications by clicking Public Portal.|
|New user (guest and host)||A guest or host Supply Portal user who has obtained a userid and password, but has not enrolled for any of the Portal's restricted applications. A new user can:|
- access public applications by clicking Public Portal or My Portal: My Functions for a list of public access applications.
- request enrollment to restricted applications that the user's company is authorized for by clicking User Add a new user.
|Regular user (guest and host)||A guest or host Supply Portal user who has both obtained a userid and password and enrolled for one or more of the Portal's restricted applications. A regular user can:|
- click Search Report Generation to generate reports showing the applications the user is enrolled for, an application's approval cycle, an application's authorized users in the same company, the company's authorized applications, and the company's authorized users.
- search for a user who belongs to the same company by clicking Search User.
- change user information by clicking User Change user info.
- request removal of access to a restricted application that the user has enrolled for by clicking User Remove App Access.
- request removal of access to all of the restricted applications the user has enrolled for by clicking User Remove user from portal.
- request access to any of the restricted applications that the company s authorized for by clicking User Request app access.
|Coordinator (guest and host)||A guest or host user who has the authority to make requests relating to application access on behalf of users in the same company, as well as to review certain requests regarding application access for other users in that company. A coordinator can perform all of the new and regular user functions, but can also:|
- review pending requests for application enrollment or the removal of a user's access to applications by clicking pending requests or scrolling down to the Pending Requests heading.
|Application administrator||A user in the host company who is defined for a particular application, having the authority to make requests relating to application access on behalf of any guest or host user, and to review certain requests regarding access to that application. An application administrator can perform all of the new and regular user functions, but can also:|
- search the guest companies that are registered with the Supply Portal by clicking Search Organization.
- request that a guest company's access to an application be revoked by clicking Organization Revoke App Access.
- review pending guest and host requests for application enrollment or the removal of a user's access to applications by clicking pending requests or scrolling down to the Pending Requests heading.
|Portal administrator||A user in the host company who is responsible for setting up applications and guest companies to use the Supply Portal, and defining and maintaining the approval cycle for each application. In addition, the portal administrator has the authority to make and review certain requests regarding access to applications, and is responsible for notifying application administrators of new users and former user who need to be added to or removed from an application's ACL and PGM. The functions of the portal administrator are not discussed in Help, but will be covered in a separate document.|
When I use my browser's 'Back' button to return to a previous page, the data I entered is gone. How do I prevent this?
You probably have a browser option set that is preventing the pages from being cached. To change the option, do the following depending on which browser you are using:
- Select 'Tools->Internet Options...'
- Select 'Advanced' tab
- Scroll down to 'Security'
- un-check the 'Do not save encrypted pages to disk' box
- Click on 'Apply'
- Click on 'OK'
|Netscape Navigator®|| |
- Select 'Edit->Preferences...'
- Select 'Advanced->Cache'
- Click on 'Once per session'
- Click on 'OK'
- Select 'File->Preferences...'
- Select 'History->Cache'
- Click on 'Check Modified->Documents->Days,hours,min'
- Set 'Days = 1, hours = 0, mins = 0'
- Click on 'Apply'
- Click on 'OK'