Announcement Summary, February 5, 2013
IBM PureSystems Family announces new technologies to accelerate cloud transformations and unlock the value of big data analytics. Enhancements have been made across the portfolio. Be sure to attend and invite your clients to join you at the PureSystems Announcement Broadcast on Feb 12, 2013.
Announcement Highlights include product enhancements and new Flex System Services opportunities. A summary follows:
- IBM PureFlex and Flex Systems provides a refreshed infrastructure for enterprise IT with 3 key enhancements:
- New Cloud ready MSP editions including MSP programs, including new reference configurations and Pay as you Grow and IGF financing options.
- New Data ready enhancements for interoperability of storage and networking with key industry technology partners including EMC, Hitachi and NetApp to enable clients to seamlessly integrate Flex System offerings into their existing data center.
- New Security ready secure desktop delivery with new IBM SDI reference architectures for Flex System which support a wide range of hardware, software and hypervisor platforms from multiple vendors including IBM Virtual Desktop with Verde from Virtual Bridges, Citrix, XenDesktop and VMware View.
- IBM PureData Systems is the FASTEST time to value on the market today - delivering 3X faster performance and 50% more capacity. Optimized to deliver data services, the PureData Systems for Analytics introduces a new model to accelerate big data analytics, optimize data center efficiency, and simplify the IT administration for our clients. Find highlights of the PureData System annoucement here.
To learn more: Attend PureData education: visit the IBM PureData System portal.
- IBM PureApplication System, a workload-aware system designed and tuned specifically for transactional web and database applications, announces two new models. These 32 and 64 core processor configurations are designed with a smaller, lower priced footprint and another to leverage Power 7+ technologies – each with the same built-in expertise, simplified experience, and fault tolerant enterprise design of the larger configurations. Ideal for MSPs evolving to SaaS/PaaS business models, emerging markets, medium sized businesses, and application development/test use.
To Learn more Attend PureApplicaton education: New Opportunities and Options with PureApplication System in 2013, and visit the IBM PureApplication System portal
- New! Businesses Partners, Perform your own services for PureFlex Deployments
As of November 2012: IBM configurators now allow qualified Business Partners to remove the requirement for configuration and deployment services to be performed by IBM Lab Services for an integrated PureFlex System. Qualified Business Partners may choose to continue to have IBM provide these services for their clients or they may choose to provide the services themselves.
This announcement allows resellers to bring their value add services to market as part of the PureFlex solution, creating revenue and margin opportunities for their organization.
In order to provide these services, Businesses Partners must complete the following steps
- Step 1 – Complete certifications. Obtain PureFlex Sales Certification and PureFlex Technical Support Certification)
- Step 2 - Attend PureFlex training classes
- Step 3 - Shadow IBM Lab Services on at least 2 installations
Completion of these steps will be tracked by IBM, and partners who are enabled to provide the services will be listed on our BP Locator tool on PartnerWorld. Learn More and Get Started today.
- New! ThePureFlex and Flex Systems Specialty
The PureFlex and Flex Systems Specialty is designed for IBM Business Partners investing in PureFlex and Flex Systems business achieving high skills, developing a notable expertise and deploying successful customer installations. If your firm wants to be recognized as a PureFlex and Flex Systems specialist get started today and enjoy benefits to help drive business success.
- New! Get listed in the PureSystems Centre as an IBM PureSystems services solution provider.