- Financing rates as low as 1% on select IBM hardware for development, testing and demonstration purposes
- Skills building on IBM products for technical consultants and solution developers
- Application development and customization to create successful business solutions
- Client demonstrations and proof-of-concept scenarios to win engagements
- Benchmarking and performance tuning of applications
- Competitive monthly payments for the latest eligible IBM technology platforms
Today, leading-edge servers and software are vital to supporting clients, e-business initiatives and growing your sales and profits. The Developer Program makes the latest IBM technology available at flexible terms and very attractive monthly payments. It's the solution for the special business needs of Software Developers, Business Partners and Systems Integrators. This program can be used for the acquisition of IT systems for development, demonstration and testing on the latest IBM systems.
To be eligible for the IBM Development Lease Program, the end-user must be recognized in Partner World as an ISV (Developer). Business Partners automatically qualify. The term for all leases is 24 months, with early termination after 12 months for eligible products.
Software Developers: Program and credit-qualified Independent Software Vendors or Business Partners who develop or demonstrate software applications.
Systems Integrators: Members of the IBM Business Partner-Systems Integrator Program who integrate applications into client solutions and provide training.
Web Integrators: Members of the IBM Web Integrator Initiative who design and build Internet solutions for clients. Independent Software Vendors must join PartnerWorld which requires them to use the leased product for software application development only, produce a viable commercial software product within the first 12 months of the lease, give IBM the right to demonstrate the code and complete any necessary contract to meet eligibility requirements.
Demonstration/development systems are available to authorized distributors and Solution Providers under the terms of their IBM Business Partner Agreement.
If you are a Solution Provider who purchases products directly from IBM or Distributor, you can participate by submitting your order via PC/S PartnerCommerce Serve directly to the Business Partner Support Organization (BPSO) and check the box that denotes development lease. Once the order is placed into PC/S the order will flow to a queue that will be monitored internally by the development lease team who will work with IBM Credit for approval and foward lease agreement to the customer.
Participants who join PartnerWorld receive online services for web forums, e-mail bulletin boards, magazines, newsletters, tips and trends, research, trade articles and possible discounts on hardware and software.
Eligible Developer Lease products and rates are listed at the following Web sites:
- Offer includes specific IBM software products intended for developmental use that may carry a nominal charge. For development discount information pertaining to IBM software products refer to:
Business Partners exhibits Z125-5505, United States, Canada – 0856 on PartnerWorld
- IBM System z and S/390® products are not included in this offering, but may be leased for the purposes of development and/or demonstration use via special bid. Contact your IBM Global Financing representative or PartnerWorld Contact Services for details.
All Business Partners lease requests should place orders business as usual:
- SP1s should submit orders to IBM BPSO, and check the box that denotes the order should be placed on a Developer Lease.
- SP2s should contact their Distributors (Assigned Acct Manager) to place orders
- Distributors should submit orders to IBM BPSO to place orders for their SP2s, and check the box that denotes the order should be placed on a Developer Lease.
- In Canada, orders are to be submitted to your Customer Support Representative (CSR) within IBM Business Partner Support Operations (BPSO). Specify this offering on the order.
- If you are a Solution Provider who purchases products directly from IBM or Distributor, you can participate by submitting your order via PC/S PartnerCommerce Serve directly to the Business Partner Support Organization (BPSO) and check the box that denotes development lease.Once the order is placed into PC/S the order will flow to a queue that will be monitored internally by the development lease team who will work with IBM Credit for approval and foward lease agreement to the customer.
- Once the order is placed into PC/S the order will flow to a queue that will be monitored internally and will work with IBM Credit for approval and forward the lease to the customer.
- Step by-step instructions on how to place a Development Lease Order are available on the Business Partner Support Online Education Portal, which can be located on PartnerWorld, under the "Orders and Fulfillment" left hand navigation bar at:
Orders and fulfillment
Terms and conditions
- IBM products obtained under the terms and conditions of this offering are not for use in production environments.
- At the conclusion of the 24-month term, the software developer, Business Partner or Systems Integrator can return the equipment to IBM, purchase the equipment, sign a renewal agreement, or continue the lease on optional extension.
- The renewal, optional extension, or blex agreement will continue the lease payments at the current rate that the software developer, Business Partner, or Systems Integrator is paying.
- Maintenance after warranty is not included in the lease price.
- There is a 12-month early termination provision for selected IBM System p5, System i5, and associated storage products. For details, refer to the PartnerWorld Web site.
- Payments to IBM Global Financing (IGF) must be made by Direct Debit Agreement.
- Quantity limitations are determined by IBM.
- All non-IBM software must be handled with the owning Independent Software Vendors.
- Shipping charges are not included in the lease price.
- This offering is available to Software Developers, Business Partners and Systems Integrators in the United States and Canada.
- Minimum deal size: USD25,000 in Canada; USD5,000 in the United States.
- Offer includes IBM System i®, System p®, Storage and Storage Networking products and Point of Sale products. (Upgrades [MES] are available by model upgrade using available upgrade path at any point during the lease for the standard 24-month lease term.)
- Customized configurations for eligible brand models include processor, storage, monitors and racks -- a complete hardware solution.
- 24-month initial lease term with the opportunity to upgrade at any point using an available upgrade path. POWER5 products have the option to end the lease after 12 months at no additional cost.
- Discounted IBM operating systems and middleware provided for demonstration and development purposes.
- IBM reserves the right to modify or withdraw this offering at any time.
- This offering is subject to the terms and conditions of any applicable Agreements.
- Other restrictions may apply. Contact your IBM Global Financing representative for additional information and specific details.
For more information
- Questions and requests for order placement, order status, estimating spreadsheets related to the IBM Developer Lease should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions can also be directed to PartnerWorld Contact Services at 800-426-9990, or email IBM Global Financing at email@example.com
- In addition, Systems Integrators can call the Systems Integrator Operations Center at 888-747-4426. Web Integrators can contact their IBM Web Integrator relationship representative, or email the Web Integrator Program at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Various eligibility requirements for software. Call the IBM PartnerLine or Join PartnerWorld at 800-426-9990.
- Questions related to End of Lease or early termination can be directed to the End of Lease department at 1-800-IBM-3552, email: email@example.com, or visit end of lease
- For additional information regarding eligible products and rates for BPIC members, visit IBM Global Financing
IBM Global Financing offerings are provided through IBM Credit LLC in the United States and other IBM subsidiaries and divisions worldwide to qualified commercial and government clients. Rates are based on a client's credit rating, financing terms, offering type, equipment type and options, and may vary by country. Other restrictions may apply. Rates and offerings are subject to change, extension or withdrawal without notice.