Look here for the latest news and updates on System z
System z news and announcements for Oct. 6, 2014
System z delivers actionable insights, across all data, on one system at the speed of business for excellence at the point of impact.
IBM's implementation of a new hybrid transaction and analytical processing infrastructure offers a profound new approach to analytics that converges the previously distinct worlds of OLTP (Records) and OLAP (Analytics) to accelerate insight at the point of transaction, creating extraordinary possibilities for business innovation, risk mitigation and growth. Read more on this announcement for System z Analytics, and offerings for Linux on System z including new Elastic Storage.
- System z Analytics Offering education, Oct 2, 2014 (replay available after call)
- System z Announcements
- System z Big Data and Analytics
1Q 2014 Launch Overview
On February 24, 2014 IBM will make a series of announcements at the Pulse 2014 event, including news around recent acquisitions and announcements in the area of cloud, mobile, and analytics for System z; cloud-related news around SoftLayer and OpenPower Foundation momentum for Power; and Linux ecosystem enhancements for both platforms. In addition, there are several Platform Computing announcements scheduled around Pulse.
Highlights for System z include:
- New: IBM Wave for z/VM provides Virtualization management through innovative visualization, helping clients simplify and automate the management of z/VM and Linux environments, provision z/VM and Linux guests and virtual resources, and ease the transformation to private cloud. By using a new user interface IBM Wave for z/VM clients can significantly extend the reach of their administrative staff and manage z/VM and Linux environments intuitively and cost effectively, while reducing the reliance on deep expert skills.
- New: IBM Wave Jumpstart Services for zEnterprise, delivered by IBM System z Lab Services , can help to accelerate IBM Wave implementation. This service offering provides planning, installation, and usage assistance, and will drive a speedy deployment and provide skills transfer by reviewing common use cases of the interface with the client support staff.
- Updated: The enhanced IBM Enterprise Linux Server with IBM Wave technology is a uniquely powerful Linux-ready infrastructure solution which enables companies to benefit from IT resources and skills with a simple Linux infrastructure that is cost-effective, scalable, reliable and secure.
- New: IBM System z Solutions for Mobile Computing allow businesses to use existing core transactions and data for mobile on the go services in a manner cost-competitive with alternative offerings which are not be as reliable, scalable nor secure as the IBM System z.
- New: IBM System z Software announcements including offerings across Big Data/Analytics, Cloud, Mobile and more.
Resources to help you sell
- New System z announcement page
- Field Education: Listen to the Launch Education broadcast on Feb 18, 2014
- Seller Resources: February 24, 2014 Launch kit ,
- Review the Channel Launch Guide for value propositions and links to key assets
Call to Action:
- Listen to the Field Education Launch Overview
- Utilize these System z Vito letters, Proposals and New Linux Infographic
- Subscribe to the new Mainframe weekly newsletter
- Register for the March 4, 2014 webinar "IT trends in 2014 and how the new IBM System z software announcements fit"
News and announcements
IBM leaders discuss new zEnterprise announcements for the IBM Enterprise Linux Server, cloud and virtualization.
Achieve a 360o view of your business with zEnterprise