On February 24, 2014 IBM will make a series of announcements at the Pulse 2014 event, including news around recent acquisitions and announcements in the area of cloud, mobile, and analytics for System z; cloud-related news around SoftLayer and OpenPower Foundation momentum for Power; and Linux ecosystem enhancements for both platforms. In addition, there are several Platform Computing announcements scheduled around Pulse.
Highlights for System z include:
- New: IBM Wave for z/VM provides Virtualization management through innovative visualization, helping clients simplify and automate the management of z/VM and Linux environments, provision z/VM and Linux guests and virtual resources, and ease the transformation to private cloud. By using a new user interface IBM Wave for z/VM clients can significantly extend the reach of their administrative staff and manage z/VM and Linux environments intuitively and cost effectively, while reducing the reliance on deep expert skills.
- New: IBM Wave Jumpstart Services for zEnterprise, delivered by IBM System z Lab Services , can help to accelerate IBM Wave implementation. This service offering provides planning, installation, and usage assistance, and will drive a speedy deployment and provide skills transfer by reviewing common use cases of the interface with the client support staff.
- Updated: The enhanced IBM Enterprise Linux Server with IBM Wave technology is a uniquely powerful Linux-ready infrastructure solution which enables companies to benefit from IT resources and skills with a simple Linux infrastructure that is cost-effective, scalable, reliable and secure.
- New: IBM System z Solutions for Mobile Computing allow businesses to use existing core transactions and data for mobile on the go services in a manner cost-competitive with alternative offerings which are not be as reliable, scalable nor secure as the IBM System z.
- New: IBM System z Software announcements including offerings across Big Data/Analytics, Cloud, Mobile and more.
Resources to help you sell
- New System z announcement page
- Field Education: Listen to the Launch Education broadcast on Feb 18, 2014
- Seller Resources: February 24, 2014 Launch kit ,
- Review the Channel Launch Guide for value propositions and links to key assets
Call to Action:
- Listen to the Field Education Launch Overview
- Utilize these System z Vito letters, Proposals and New Linux Infographic
- Subscribe to the new Mainframe weekly newsletter
- Register for the March 4, 2014 webinar "IT trends in 2014 and how the new IBM System z software announcements fit"
News and announcements
IBM leaders discuss new zEnterprise announcements for the IBM Enterprise Linux Server, cloud and virtualization.
Achieve a 360o view of your business with zEnterprise