Retail Industry Solutions
Dramatic forces across retail require new approaches to help maximize market share and profitability.
- Shifting demographics are creating new markets
- Economic uncertainty is driving downward pressure on consumer spending
- Growth opportunities are changing business models and traditional relationships
- Consumerization of technologies is forever changing customer interactions
- Empowered customers increasingly take control of the shopping experience
Leaders in retail are focusing on three imperatives to reinvent their business models and drive sustainable shareholder value:
- Create a smarter shopping experience
- Build smarter merchandising and supply networks
- Drive smarter operations
Retail industry capabilities combine the power of IBM software with retail specific software extensions, solution accelerators, best practices, and Business Partner solutions, to help retailers deploy solutions faster and at lower cost and risk.
To take advantage of additional roadmap features, such as managing and tracking your progress, you must sign in.
As an independent software vendor (ISV), IBM offers you a comprehensive set of resources and offerings to help you develop solutions enabled for the retail industry.
This roadmap will guide you through the stages in understanding the IBM product capabilities for the retail industry; the key IBM products and technologies in each of the defined retail industry domains; technical resources to help enable your application with the key products and technologies for retail industry solutions.
Step 1. Understand the retail industry imperatives
IBM product capabilities for the retail industry address 3 important business imperatives driving the retail industry: