IBM TM1 is now available exclusively as part of the IBM Planning Analytics solution
The next generation of planning and analysis, available on premises, in the cloud and in hybrid environments.
Learn about Planning Analytics
IBM Cognos® TM1® is an enterprise planning software platform that can transform your entire planning cycle, from target setting and budgeting to reporting, scorecarding, analysis and forecasting. Available as an on-premise or on-cloud solution, and with extensive mobile capabilities, Cognos TM1 enables you to collaborate on plans, budgets and forecasts. You can analyze data, and create models – including profitability models – to reflect a constantly evolving business environment. In addition, integrated scorecards and strategy management capabilities help you monitor performance metrics and align resources and initiatives with corporate objectives and market events.
- Powerful planning and analysis – Create and analyze sophisticated plans, budgets and forecasts, even those based on large data sets.
- Integrated scorecards and strategy management – Model metrics to measure progress toward objectives and link them dynamically to actions and forecasts.
- Flexible modeling – Develop and deploy even the most complex planning and analysis models using a guided modeling environment.
- Engagement with more users – Engage users from across the organization in high-participation planning and collaborate with remote and distributed users through a range of mobile devices, including the Apple iPad.
- Cloud-based deployment option – Provide all the functionality of the on-premise solution with optional cloud-based deployment.
Powerful planning and analysis
- Support driver-based plans and rolling forecasts; link plans together for a cohesive view of all functions, departments and geographies.
- Perform complex cost allocations and profitability analysis to identify the most profitable products, customers, markets and sales channels.
- Execute planning tasks through a personal workspace, connected to the broader enterprise – aggregated results are available to higher levels instantly.
- Dramatically improve query execution times with multi-threaded queries that calculate multiple streams of results in parallel.
- Analyze large, frequently changing data sets organized into complex models using a multidimensional, 64-bit, in-memory OLAP engine.
Integrated scorecards and strategy management
- Add metrics and scorecards to every contributor’s workspace.
- Model and measure key performance indicators (KPIs) in the same environment used for planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Ensure that strategic plans and measurement systems align capital with business opportunities.
- Create highly visual scorecards that include interactive impact diagrams, Balanced Scorecards and custom diagrams.
- Adopt model design and data access to fit your specific business processes; format input templates for flexibility and ease of use.
- Create personalized scenarios to explore an unlimited number of alternatives so individuals, teams and departments can respond quickly to changing business conditions.
- Easily monitor performance metrics for one or more planning servers from a single control panel.
Engagement with more users
- Engage remote and distributed users through a range of mobile devices, including the Apple iPad.
- Contribute to plans from any location. Users can review the status of plans and enter and submit plan values; managers can review, approve or reject contributions remotely.
- Choose the interface best suited to your users: Cognos Analysis for Excel, Cognos TM1 Web, Cognos Insight or Cognos TM1 Contributor.
- Scale to thousands of participants to support top-down and bottom-up planning budgeting, and forecasting.
Cloud-based deployment option
- Choose from on-premise or on-cloud deployment as the best delivery mechanism for your unique corporate environment—without sacrificing capabilities or limiting future deployment options.
- Choose from centralized or distributed planning deployments to support a wide range of users, locations, environments and work profiles, including offline use.
- Allow contribution by remote users and integration with on-premise data sources.