Judges must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Judge each entry on its thoroughness and completeness. Do not let size of entry influence your opinion.
- The elegance of the solution, not just a laundry list of every product feature, but how those features were utilized to provide a valuable, easy-to-use solution for the end-user.
- The creativity of the solution -- utilizing our software in innovative ways and cutting-edge solution areas.
- Return on Investment, how each of the entries benefits the customer or ultimate end user especially if the entry includes customer references. Determine how each of the entries benefits the customer or ultimate end user. Pay special attention to the customer references.
- Each category must have three finalists (including the winner.)
- Judges must write a detailed paragraph description of the winning product or solution, including reasons supporting why the winner was selected in the particular category for which it was nominated. Judges give IBM full rights to use, publish, and/or disclose these submissions in any way it sees fit, including allowing others to do any or all of the foregoing. The "Best of Show and Chief Technology Officer (CTO) Award" will most likely be announced during the IBM Connect 2013 Opening General Session.
- If you are a member of the press, you may publish the winners of the IBM Collaboration Solutions Awards and/or related stories after the winners have been announced.
- Judges will not be compensated for their services, nor for any expenses incurred (except for any expenses directly attributable to the award judging, and which have been approved in advance and in writing by an authorized IBM representative).
- All awards are made at IBM's sole discretion and IBM's decisions are final. IBM reserves the right to modify or eliminate categories and the stated procedures and/or criteria in whole or in part at any time without notice.