Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2008-06-30T22:43:56Z by matt Elston
Tiffany Winman
Tiffany Winman
20 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How can we improve the Pulse Web site?

‏2008-05-20T08:04:17Z |
Share with us the strengths and weaknesses of the Pulse conference Web site (http://ibm.com/tivoli/pulse)?

What are its strong points? Where can we improve?
Updated on 2008-06-30T22:43:56Z at 2008-06-30T22:43:56Z by matt Elston
  • George Abercrombie
    George Abercrombie
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Untitled

‏2008-06-17T18:59:00Z  in response to Tiffany Winman

A more detailed agenda would be very helpful. Before I left, I tried to plan which sessions I wanted to attend. It was difficult when the description simply said "Breakout Session II". Also, I don't know if it was just me, but there were a lot of dead links on the web site.

Also, having the ability to view sessions online in case you missed one would be nice.

• matt Elston
    matt Elston
    7 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Agreed

‏2008-06-30T22:31:57Z  in response to Tiffany Winman
    I agree with George.  As a speaker I found it hard to plan for what time I was speaking.  This seemed to be true up until the week before as there was little information listed on the site in that respect.  I do feel however that the Pulse event itself had plenty of links on the IBM site and you knew it was coming (the date and what it was about)  I found it nice that you can view the PDF documents online after the event but it would have been nice to have mp3z of the sessions to go along with these documents  (I'm sure that recorders in the room would have been worth the cost for being able to listen to these presentations after words)(but also I'm not sure if this would make people not want to go if they could just listen after the fact)  I personally don't think this would as it is like listening to a CD rather then going to a concert.  I only made it to I think 3 sessions and would have liked to have gone to 3 times that o well there is always next year :)

Matt Elston -- Healthtrans
  • matt Elston
    matt Elston
    7 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Feature packs

‏2008-06-30T22:43:56Z  in response to Tiffany Winman
    I also think it would be cool to have feature packs of the presentations.  Examples would be larger downloads that feature something like Green data centers (this would contain all the presentations that IBM thought revolved around the green data center).  A feature pack on maybe Maximo containing all the presentations about Maximo (or a Tivoli feature pack).  I also think it would be a cool idea to maybe promote the presentations more with media like they did for the Virtual Tour of the expo (not 3d tho).  It feels kind of dry when I look for presentation that I missed.  I know that it is currently broken down into categories but it feels very html to me and doesn't present itself like the coarse track does (pictures blah blah blah).
    Updated on 2008-06-30T22:43:56Z at 2008-06-30T22:43:56Z by matt Elston