IBM Automation Control for z/OS offers a powerful and versatile set of functions to automate IBM System z application environments. You get new tailorable, goal-driven, and policy-based technology to manage complex system and application automation challenges. IBM Automation Control for z/OS is designed to eliminate most common reasons for writing manual scripts and to reduce dependencies on system programming and operations resources. IBM Automation Control for z/OS also helps to reduce IT costs, and improve system and application availability.
IBM Automation Control for z/OS consists of the following components:
- System Operations (SysOps) to manage system and application resources on z/OS.
- Processor Operations (ProcOps) to manage hardware changes through Hardware Management Console (HMC) and Support Element (SE).
The new release IBM Automation Control for z/OS V1.1.1 provides
- An improved configuration assistant that allows users to exploit system symbols and to set up the NetView Event/Automation Services component to send NetView Event/Automation Services (EIF) events to receivers such as IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus.
- Simplified and improved security of the automation environment by using roles with associated command and resource authorization levels.
- Policy-based management of looping address spaces, leveraging the strengths of IBM Automation Control for z/OS and IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for z/OS.
- Secure access to hardware interfaces and improved performance for hardware automation and the ability to automate IBM System z Advanced Workload Analysis Reporter (zAware) like any other logical partition.
- Application pacing to allow tighter control of CPU intensive consumers at start and stop times.
- Enhanced message management capabilities with more granular control on how message processing members (automation table, message revision table, message processing facility PARMLIB-member) are generated.
- With the new release, IBM of Automation Control for z/OS provides a set of integration capabilities for a proactive automation solution via tight integration with the IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE portfolio. Leveraging performance management data allows for a higher automation degree and reduces the risk of application downtime.
- And not to forget: IBM Automation Control for z/OS has a built-in configuration assistant, which makes it very easy to install and configure your system without a need to consume tons of documentation material.
To learn more about the new IBM Automation Control for z/OS V1.1.1 release, please see the announcement letter here for further details.
To learn more about IBM Automation Control for z/OS, please see: http://www-03.ibm.com/software/products/en/ibm-automation-control-for-zos