IBM Tivoli System Automation for SA z/OS V3.5 is provides innovative enhancements helping clients to automate a comprehensive zEnterprise application and workload environment.
The new release helps you to automate complex IT operations, delivers groundbreaking simplification improvements, and includes a multitude of tools to keep your business up and running.
in system automation focused on helping users’ efforts to reduce the costs of IT operation, to lower risks, and to improve system and application availability.
Some highlights and new enhancements are:
- A configuration assistant that allows to quickly configure the product in a single-system and multi-system environment
- Simplified and improved security of the automation environment by consequently using roles with associated command and resource authorization levels
- Next level of proactive Automation leveraging tight integration between SA z/OS and OMEGAMON XE for z/OS. You get an an out-of-the-box scenario, which easily helps to suppress looping address spaces to save cost by optimizing your system resources.
- Secure access to hardware interface and improved performance for hardware automation and the ability to automate zAware
- Application pacing to allow more tighter control of high CPU intensive consumers at start and stop times
- Concurrent edit and browse and full multi-user access of the customization dialog
- Enhanced easy message management capabilities with more granular control on how message processing members (automation table, message revision table, message processing facility parmlib member) are generated.
- Provides comprehensive Joblog message automation.
To learn more, see the announcement letter here for all details.