Mark Your Calendars!
IBM will be presenting a series of live demonstration dedicated to showing the value of IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) FastBack and TSM FastBack for Exchange data protection products.
These additions to the TSM product family offers the ability to meet aggressive Recovery Point and Recovery Time Objectives in an organization's data protection service.
The TSM FastBack family provides many advanced features including:
Instant Restore allows users to access to their data or application immediately, while the restore is taking place.
Continuous Data Protection sends backup data continuously which allows a recovery to be done to any point in time.
Incremental Forever Backups prevents wasting time and money in performing and storing unnecessary full backups. Each backup appears to be a Full backup, but only the blocks that have been modified are copied.
FastBack Mount allows access to backed up data without it being recovered. This enables data to be validated after backups, the correct data to be identified before it is recovered, or data to be opened and its contents
to be recovered at a more granular level, thus reducing the size and time of the recovery.
Exchange Brick-level Recovery allows individual Exchange mail objects to be recovered from a previous backup without requiring an entire Exchange Database to be recovered. TSM FastBack for Exchange does not
require additional backup processing to provide IMR.
Branch Office Disaster Recovery allows replication of branch office backup data to a central site. This data can be compressed and encrypted during the transfer. The replicated data at the central site can be used
as the source for creating a tape copy of the data or for recovering branch office data and hosts. TSM FastBack allows the backups and replication of multiple branch offices to be monitored with a single tool.
TSM FastBack Bare Machine Recovery allows hosts to be quickly recovered, even to dissimilar hardware.
These demonstrations are open to Customers, Business Partners and IBM employees.
TSM FastBack Demo Schedule for 2010:
Demos will be available in English and Spanish. All English calls will be at 10:30 AM and 3:00 PM Central Time on Thursdays.
All Spanish calls will be available at 1:00 PM Central Time on Wednesdays.
- February: Wednesday 10th - Spanish 1:00 PM CT, Thursday 11th - English 10:30 AM CT , Thursday 25th - English 3:00 PM CT
- March: Wednesday 10th - Spanish 1:00 PM CT, Thursday 11th - English 10:30 AM CT, Thursday 25th - English 3:00 PM CT
- April: Thursday 8th - English 10:30 AM CT, Wednesday 14th - Spanish 1:00 PM CT, Thursday 22nd - English 3:00 PM CT
- May: Wednesday 12th - Spanish 1:00 PM CT, Thursday 13th - English 10:30 AM CT, Thursday 27th - English 3:00 PM CT
- June: Wednesday 9th - Spanish 1:00 PM CT, Thursday 10th - English 10:30 AM CT, Thursday 24th - English 3:00 PM CT
- July: Thursday 8th - English 10:30 AM CT, Wednesday 14th - Spanish 1:00 PM CT, Thursday 22nd - English 3:00 PM CT
- August: Wednesday 11th - Spanish 1:00 PM CT, Thursday 12th - English 10:30 AM CT, Thursday 26th - English 3:00 PM CT
- September: Wednesday 8th - Spanish 1:00 PM CT, Thursday 9th - English 10:30 AM CT, Thursday 23th - English 3:00 PM CT
- October: Wednesday 13th - Spanish 1:00 PM CT, Thursday 14th - English 10:30 AM CT, Thursday 28th - English 3:00 PM CT
- November: Thursday 4th - English 10:30 AM CT, Wednesday 10th - Spanish 1:00 PM CT, Thursday 18th - English 3:00 PM CT
- December: Thursday 2nd - English 10:30 AM CT, Wednesday 8th - Spanish 1:00 PM CT, Thursday 16th - English 3:00 PM CT
There are Web Conference and Audio Conference components to this demonstration.
Conference ID is FASTBAK
Prior to the web conference, we suggest you do the following:
1) go to www.sametimeunyte.com
2) click on Support
3) click on Lotus Sametime Unyte Meeting System Check
4) Select attendee type and click Next
5) Proceed with the system check and install any plug-ins required.
English Live Demo Audio Conference:
Title: TSM Fastback LIVE Demo
Toll Free: 800-857-4143
Spanish Live Demo Audio Conference:
USA- Toll Free: 888-359-3613 Toll: 719-325-2348 T/L: 650-2012
Argentina-0800 666 2982; Australia-1 800 138 721; Austria-0800 291 390
Belgium-0 800 77 128; Brazil-0800 891 4391; Bulgaria-00 800 1100 178
Chile-123 0020 9673; China, Northern-10 800 714 1159; China, Southern-10 800 140 1141
Colombia-01 800 518 0760; Costa Rica-0800 015 0597; Czech Republic-800 900 705
Denmark-80 884 789; Finland-0 800 1 119654; France-0 800 902 956
Panama-08 600 205 3173; Peru-0 800 53 354; Philippines-1 800 1110 0845
Portugal-800 819 688; Russia-810 800 2679 1012; Singapore-800 101 1954
Slovenia-0 800 80158; Spain-900 967 691; Sweden-02 079 3083
Switzerland-0 800 563 064; Thailand-001 800 156 205 5311; Trinidad and Tobago-1 800 205 5311
United Kingdom-0800 028 9769; Uruguay-0004 019 0176; Venezuela-0 800 100 5265