Are you going to IBM Pulse 2012, the premier Cloud and IT Optimization event of the year? It’s at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas from March 3 – 7, and we have an awesome agenda with some first class speakers and entertainment.
But this blog is about our storage management software ecosystem partners that will also be attending and lending their support. If you will be at Pulse, please plan to visit with these companies while enjoying the refreshments offered in the Expo Center:
- Butterfly Software offers an automated backup and storage assessment tool that can help you identify problems in your environment and the costs you will likely incur over the next 3 years; and shows what a new solution based on IBM technologies will look like and cost. It’s all based on empirical data that it gleans directly from your systems. Once you’re convinced to move to IBM, Butterfly also offers non-disruptive migration services. If you want to learn how much a smarter backup solution will save your business, please stop by Pedestal # 32 in the IBM SmartCloud Zone, and learn more at breakout sessions 1387 (5:00 Monday in room 117), and 1384 (3:30 Tuesday in room 117).
- Cristie Software is our partner for Bare Machine Recovery solutions for Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM). Hundreds, if not thousands of our customers have deployed these solutions to help restore critical servers quickly. Learn about CBMR and TBMR at booth E-418 and breakout session 1035 (2:00 Tuesday room 117).
- Front-Safe A/S provides a Tivoli Storage Manager front-end cloud portal that enables business partners to offer “backup as a service” to their customers. If you’re interested in moving to a services model for your backup environment, please visit pedestal # 45 in the IBM SmartCloud Zone and breakout session 1360 (3:30 Wednesday, room 115).
- Riverbed has a long and broad relationship with IBM. If you want to learn how to extend your TSM environment to the cloud, securely and cost effectively, please stop by booth E-105 and ask for a demonstration of Whitewater. Instead of buying more tapes for your backup archive data, Whitewater helps you move that data to the cloud, where you pay only for the storage you use. Riverbed Steelhead appliances are also used by many IBM customers to speed the movement of data between locations using proven WAN acceleration technologies.
- SEPATON was an early entrant into the Virtual Tape Library (VTL) market, and provides a cost-effective but high performance alternative to magnetic tape. Visit them at booth E-107. (I might get fired if I didn’t mention that IBM also has an excellent VTL solution, ProtecTIER, that you can learn about at Pedestal # 29 in the IBM SmartCloud Zone).
- STORServer offers Tivoli Storage Manager in an integrated appliance, with a simplified, easy to use interface. It’s a great backup and recovery solution for mid-sized organizations and remote offices. Learn more at booth E-408 and at breakout session 1878 (3:30 Monday room 117).
And of course, I’ll be there as well. You can catch me around the storage pedestals in the Expo Center, and at breakout session 2136 (5:00 Tuesday, room 117). I hope to meet many of you there.
"The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent IBM's positions, strategies or opinions."