New releases of Tivoli Storage Manager and FlashCopy Manager announced!
Delbert Hoobler 1000008PR6 email@example.com Tags:  tivoli flashcopy-manager tivoli-storage tivoli-storage-manager 3,138 Visits
Have you heard? I am sure you have... but if not, check it out!
On October 3, 2012, IBM announced significant enhancements to
the Tivoli Storage Management family of products...
Highlights of the IBM® Tivoli® Storage Manager V6.4 family include:
- Performance enhancements with progressive incremental backup for virtual environments,
removing the requirement to perform periodic full backups in a VMware environment
for Data Protection
- Self-contained, application-consistent backup for Microsoft™ Exchange and
SQL Server running on VMware Simplified deployment and configuration
when integrating with VMware vCenter for Data Protection
- Enhanced recovery performance and reporting of VMware environments
- NetApp SnapMirror and virtual controller support for NetApp snapshot-assisted
progressive incremental backup
- Complex password support and improved user authentication and management by
integration with Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
- Enhanced Cognos® reporting to monitor backup and archive environments
- New support of data protection and recovery for SAP HANA in-memory databases
Highlights of the IBM® Tivoli® Storage FlashCopy® Manager V3.2 family include:
- Integration with Metro Mirror and Global Mirror functionality on AIX® , HP-UX, Linux™ ,
and Solaris with IBM System Storage® SAN Volume Controller and IBM XIV® Storage Systems
to provide application consistent backup and restore at a remote facility
for improved disaster recovery
- Integration with N series and NetApp snapshot functionality to provide application
consistent backup and restore on AIX , HP-UX, Linux , Solaris, and Windows™ platforms.
- Advanced data protection and recovery features for VMware vSphere environments
- Import VSS Snapshots only when needed to improve backup performance and management of flashcopies
- Enhanced data protection capabilities for Microsoft™ Exchange 2010 Database Availability Groups (DAG)
- Tivoli Storage Manager integration for File System and Custom Application support on Windows
Usability, scalability, and performance improvements in Microsoft Windows graphical user interfaces (GUIs)
For more details, look here:
TSM 6.4 Announcement: