IBM Edge2013 is fast approaching and while the conference includes four events within an event to appeal to wide range of attendees, the cornerstone of Edge from my perspective is the rich technical content to be delivered within Technical Edge.
TechnicalEdge is a 4.5 day technical event for IT professionals and practitioners focused on sharpening expertise, discovering new innovations and learning industry best practices. You can check out the published agenda of the over 350 sessions spanning 16 tracks Technical Edge that are sure to hit on the top IT trends, opportunities and challenges we collectively face.
Specifically related to Cloud & Smarter Infrastructure, we’ve embedded over 50 technical sessions, demos and hands-on labs specifically focused on Tivoli solutions with the majority going deep on Tivoli Storage capabilities. Further there’s an additional 30 related sessions of interest to Tivoli users (i.e. IBM Storwize V7000, IBM Flex System Manager, IBM GPFS, etc.). These 80 sessions are scattered across the 16 tracks within the Technical Edge conference. (Hint: You can find the majority of these sessions within the Business Continuity and Systems Management tracks)
Some of the session highlights I’m looking forward to seeing are:
- “IBM's New Tivoli Storage Manager Operations Center” – Our new TSM GUI!
- “IBM Tivoli Storage Manager and the Cloud” – This session will describe TSM’s multifaceted cloud strategy
- “Protection of Virtual Machines using Tivoli Storage Manager for Virtual Environments and Tivoli Storage FlashCopy Manager”
- Tivoli Storage Manager for Virtual Environments - Data Protection for VMware: Solution Design
- Introduction to IBM's Virtual Storage Center (VSC) - Learn how you can gain storage efficiencies and grow your business using VSC’s capabilities.
- How IBM SVC, Storwize V7000 and TotalStorage Productivity Center are used in real life to migrate data centers
Additionally, for those that want to roll up their sleeves and get their hands on some of these solutions, I would recommend the following hands-on labs:
- IBM’s New Tivoli Storage Manager Operations Center hands-on lab
- IBM Tivoli Storage FlashCopy Manager: New Features and Operation in Version 3.2
- A double session - IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Virtual Environments: Protecting and Recovering Virtual Machine Data
We will also have an interesting “Birds of a Feather (BOF)” session on Business Continuity led by Sanjay A. Patel – focused on using the Tivoli Storage Manager suite to help you proactively protect your data.
I encourage you to join us at the Technical Edge and enhance your knowledge of our Tivoli Solutions and look forward to “getting technical” in Vegas. Learn more and register today.