As song writer, Andy Williams says in what is know as one of the top 10 holiday songs, "It's the most wonderful time of the year with kids jingle belling and everyone telling you "Be of good cheer", It's the most wonderful time of the year...". While the holidays maybe over, one of the most wonderful times of the year is the new IBM Premier Cloud Conference, Pulse 2014. There might not be kids at the conference ringing bells, nor people telling you to be of good cheer, but there will be plenty of excitement with your peers and experts as everyone is learning the latest strategy/product developments along with wonderful networking opportunities, so that everyone can all make bold business moves in 2014.
For those of you who have a passion for Storage you will be pleased to know that IBM Pulse 2014 will host the Unified Recovery and Storage Management Track within the Optimizing IT & Service Management Stream. The Unified Recovery and Storage Management track will focus on sharing best practices, success stories and roadmaps with regards to systems, storage, software and services.
Let me take a few moments and give you some answers to some FAQs.
- Question: Will there be enough storage sessions to fill three days worth in the Unified Recovery and Storage Management Track?
- Answer: Yes! 24 sessions showcasing trends like Cloud, Analytics and Open Stack along with sessions on Tivoli Storage Manager, Virtual Storage Center and more!
- Question: Client breakout sessions are always a highlight of the conference, what could I expect?
- Answer: We have 7 client sessions along with 2 Partner with clients sessions. You could attend client sessions by China Bank, National Grid, Hutchinson Regional Medical Center and even TD Bank.
- Question: Besides the storage breakout sessions what other opportunities do I have to gain knowledge and network?
- Answer: 1 - BOF (Birds of a Feather) session, 2 - Expo Theater talks, 4 - IBM pedestals in the Expo Center and many business partner booths, 4 - Meet the Expert Sessions, Labs, Certification and so much more!
- Question: I'm interested in previewing some sessions. How can I learn more?
- Answer: IBM Pulse is offering the sample agenda builder for anyone not registered for the conference. If you are already registered for Pulse 2014 you can build your agenda
- Question: Pulse 2014 sounds great, how can I justify attending?
- Answer: Download the Business Justification Letter and share it with your business today
On a personal note, what a privilege it has been to participate in the IBM Pulse conferences for the past 6 years along with the many other "Tivoli" conferences prior. One of my highlights has always been the opportunity to see friends and co-workers who share the same passion for this world of IT. IBM Pulse will be "one of the most wonderful times of the year" and a conference where you can truly network and learn so that you can make those bold moves. Learn more by checking out the IBM Pulse website.
Hope to see you at IBM Pulse 2014 in Las Vegas, February 23-26
Danyel Otteson, WW Storage Marketing Manager for IBM
The opinions expressed herein are sorely mine