TPC for Disk Midrange Edition is part of the IBM Tivoli Storage Productivity Center V4.1 suite of integrated storage infrastructure management products that are designed to help you manage almost every point of your storage network, between the hosts through the fabric and to the physical disks in a multi-site enterprise. It can help simplify and automate the management of storage data and the networks to which they connect.
Utilizing a new Storage Management Initiative - Specification (SMI-S) Common Information Model (CIM) agent, Tivoli Storage Productivity Center for Disk Midrange Edition can provide over 40 difference reports and performance metrics including:
- Controller input and output rate (read/write/total)
- Controller data rate (read/write/total)
- Controller cache hits percentage (read/write/overall)
- Port I/O rate (read/write/total)
- Port data rate (read/write/total)
Administrators can monitor and analyze performance statistics for these storage systems down to five minute intervals. The performance data can be viewed in real time in the topology viewer, stored for historical reporting, or used to generate timely alerts by monitoring thresholds for various device parameters.
Tivoli Storage Productivity Center for Disk Midrange Edition is set apart from IBM Tivoli Storage Productivity Center for Disk because it is:
- Designed to support IBM's entry level and midrange System Storage products (DS3000, DS4000, DS5000, SAN Volume Controller Entry Edition and Virtual Disk System).
- Licensed per physical storage enclosure.
To learn more, visit the TPC for Disk Midrange Edition Web page and for more information on the IBM Tivoli Storage Productivity Center suite of products, read the data sheet