Social Media Week
kicked off this week. It is a global platform that connects people, content and conversation around emerging trends in social and mobile media. Events are being hosted in 12 cities across the globe - Beirut, Berlin, Bogotá, Buenos Aires, Chicago, Glasgow, Los Angeles, Milan, Moscow, Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo, and Vancouver. These events are delivered online through social and mobile media, bringing hundreds of thousands of people together to participate across the globe.
The conversations, thus far, are excellent and cover economics, social gaming, governments, corporate strategies, media, entertainment, emerging trends, and how activists use social media during political strife. You can get a real flavor of how profoundly social media has impacted the world. Here are some links I've been using to follow the conversation:
IBM and Social Media Week
If you read my blog on social media day
awhile back, you know that IBM uses social media extensively and has a long history in the transformation of becoming a social business. Thus, it's no surprise that IBM is very active in social media week. A recent Fast Company article, "Move Over Social Media; Here Comes Social Business,
describes this well. You can follow IBM conversations around Social Media Week in the following ways:
IBM is hosting a series of questions around Social Media Week, such as:
- 600+ events, 25K+ tweets, 1st day of #smw11. Is social media making us more or less productive? Weigh in using #ibmsocialbiz
- We now spend 22%+ of our time online. Is it productive? Follow the discussion @IBMSocialBiz. #IBMSocialBiz
- The world spends 110B+ minutes on social networks per month. Are we more productive? Is there value here? Discuss using #IBMSocialBiz.
- People don’t do biz w/ companies. People do biz w/ people. How and why to become a Social Biz. http://ibm.co/qb3sWA #IBMSocialBiz #smw11
IBMer Jack Mason
also discusses how IBM is collaborating with Social Media Week
to leverage intelligence on the conversation trends and smarter commerce. He explains, "Our goal is to enable Social Media Week participants, and others around the Web, not just to share insights on the emerging nature of commerce, but also to help analyze and filter the results of a small study. We call this approach a Scan, because it aims to rapidly survey the surface sentiment of the thought leaders and influencers pulled into Social Media Week’s orbit."
IBM Smarter Commerce Global Summit
Some tweets and news around the conference:
- Blog: Platinum sponsor, Rosetta, discusses their #SmarterCommerce story and their involvement at #IBMSCGS http://bit.ly/rjNTAz - event sponsor blog
- #IBMSCGS speaker J.J. Keller has adopted the #smartercommerce approach to channels http://ow.ly/6ufKd --- case study blog
- Thanks to our #IBM Business Partner sponsors! See you next week at #SmarterCommerce Summit. http://bit.ly/qz1J1B @ibmpartners #ibmscgs
- Increase your Solution ROI. Get the most out of your #IBM solutions through in-depth sessions at the Summit. http://bit.ly/pRQwVp #ibmscgs
- Category: #IBMSCGS. Answer: The Jeopardy winner you can challenge in the #SmarterCommerce Solution Center. Question: Who is #IBMWatson!
- @darceyhowardNYC will be speaking at #SmarterCommerce Summit Super Women's Luncheon ~Personal Branding through Appearance http://ow.ly/6o74K
- Network and collaborate. Share ideas with some of the brightest minds from across the globe. http://bit.ly/pRQwVp #ibmscgs
- Guy Kawasaki (@GuyKawasaki) will share secrets to being enchanting and developing influence through the "pillars of #enchantment" #IBMSCGS
- Excited to have Bridge Solutions as a sponsor at #IBMscgs! Read more at http://tinyurl.com/3oxsjte #smartercommerce -- event sponsor blog
- Blog: Great picture story on Smarter Commerce: http://bit.ly/qb74i3
Social media for business in Arizona
And in local Arizona news, in the spirit of social media week....The next big social media for business event, SMAZ
, in Arizona is October 7, 2011. You can now register online
. I hope to see you there in person!
Below, you'll find the Livestream for Social Media Week sponsored by the Chicago event, but it provides information across the globe. Enjoy!