Instructions for contributing content to ibm.com community environment
Tiffany Winman 12000065XB email@example.com | | Tags:  ibm.com password ibmpulse tivoli pulse08 service-management signin pulse id instructions
1 Comments | 2,575 Visits
Here are step-by-step instructions for getting into our new social networking system, optimizing your profile, and providing feedback on how to improve the Pulse conference for next year:
1. Use FireFox for best results.
2. If you do not have an ibm.com ID, you need to register for one here: https://www.ibm.com/account/profile/us?page=reg
If you're not sure if you have an ibm.com ID or forgot your password, go here: https://www.ibm.com/account/profile/us?page=forgot3. Once you have your ibm.com ID and password, go here and click on the MyProfile tab: http://www-949.ibm.com/profiles/home.do?lang=en
a. Optional step: On the my profile tab, add one-word tags about yourself to the left column. I recommend at least: tivoli, pulse08, your_company_name, Tivoli_products_you_use, (and customer or partner, if you're one of these)
b. Optional step: Add personal links about you (e.g., LinkedIn profile, a whitepaper you wrote) or your company (and its solutions, if you're a Business Partner) in the right column of the screen.
4. Go here and click on Join community in the right corner: http://ibm.com/community/spaces/events/pulse
c. Optional step: Send me (or someone else) a friend invitation by clicking on Add to My Colleagues under my name here: http://www-949.ibm.com/profiles/html/profileView.do?uid=12000065XB=en
5. Scroll down on the page until you see the forum topic: How can we improve the Pulse conference for 2009? (or go to this link: http://www-949.ibm.com/communities/service/html/community/discussion?communityUuid=dd8bf011-85af-48da-a4dd-21047a08c33e&topicUuid=D46G093A5CF09F15A17B6EFE4D6EE3000026)
6. Hit the green reply button at the top of the screen, fill out your comments, and hit save (tip: you might want to copy your response to the clipboard so you don't lose what you typed--this is a beta environment).
If you have any questions, please shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.