IBM Collaboration Solutions Community Meeting - March 27th 10am ET US - Take Your Social Business to the Cloud with IBM Sametime and IBM Connections
Joyce Davis 06000019G0 JOYCE_DAVIS@US.IBM.COM | | Tags:  community smartcloud sametime web-cast social-business ucc cloud
0 Comments | 4,592 Visits
Our March community webcast will be focused on taking social business to the cloud! Join us for a semi-technical Lotusphere encore presentation by IBMers Marc Pagnier and Fernando Salazar who will discuss the convergence of Social Business, Unified Communications and IBM Connections. In addition, our community member spotlight section is changing a bit -- be prepared to be inspired by fellow community members as they introduce themselves and share a brief topic of interest.
Web conference details will be sent upon registration. For those who wish to dial in over the phone, global access numbers will be sent in a separate email just prior to the meeting.
- Community news
- Community member spotlights
------- Mitch Cohen, Colgate-Palmolive
------- Matt Collins, VP Marketing, IBM Collaboration Solutions
- Special Topic: Private or Public? Take Your Social Business to the Cloud with IBM Sametime and IBM Connections
- Technical rating: ** (out of 3)
- Abstract: This presentation will help you better understand the impact of two market trends that are increasingly shaping the collaboration landscape: the convergence of Social Business with Unified Communications, and the rise of the cloud. The convergence of UC and Social Business, as illustrated by the growth of IBM Sametime and IBM Connections, is driven by a need for enhanced productivity and more efficient communications. A growing number of companies have also decided to complement their current infrastructure with cloud services. Join us to find out how recent announcements related to the IBM SmartCloud Enterprise platform can help combine the flexibility of on-premises deployments and the value of the cloud. However, with new options come new decisions. As capabilities and benefits will vary between the different environments, we will provide comparison points and guidance to select the optimum platform, be it IBM SmartCloud for Social Business, on-premises, a shared private cloud, or a hybrid combination thereof.
- Speaker: Marc Pagnier (IBM), Fernando Salazar (IBM)
- About the speakers:
------- Marc Pagnier is a senior product manager in the Social Communications team of IBM Collaboration Solutions. Marc is responsible for gathering market requirements, monitoring business trends, assessing technology related to collaboration, and currently defining the strategy for IBM Sametime in the private and public cloud (SmartCloud).
------- Fernando Salazar is an IBM Distinguished Engineer with over 20 years experience in developing productivity and collaboration software. Fernando also represents Lotus Unified Communications & Collaboration (UCC) in engagements across the whole IBM portfolio, including cloud-based and hosted offerings.
Register today: https://events.webdialogs.com/register.php?id=ef9dca9da8&l=en-US