Get in the mood for Lotusphere! Sites to check out
by Femke Goedhart
So you are coming to Lotusphere!. Congratulations! But where do
you find info about what is going on and how to get the latest scoop?
Here are some sites to
check out to get you in the mood. Leading up to, during and after Lotusphere and
Connect, these are the places where you can find the most info. Check it out!
- Keep an eye on central sites like the Lotusphereblog and the official IBM Lotusphere site for relevant links, news and
- Check out the #LS12 and #IBMConnect hashtags.
Anything going on during Lotusphere and Connect will likely be Tweeted about using either hashtag. Even better, check out the IBM Social Aggregator for
site that lists Tweets & blog posts about Lotusphere and Connect all
in one convenient Web page with link backs to authors' profiles and other
- Check out the @Lotusphere and the official IBM @IBMSocialBiz Twitter accounts for information about
Lotusphere on Twitter.
- Listen to the podcasts that are around. There
are several out there like Taking Notes, LotuspherePodcasts, lDoNotes, Notes in 9 and This Week in Lotus for instance that are really worth listening to
if you want to know what's going on in the Lotus Community. Leading up to
and during Lotusphere they tend to do lots of interviews and even live
recordings from the conference.
- Check out PlanetLotus - The place to go for all Lotus-related blogs, especially during Lotusphere. Here is where you can get the latest scoop.
- Follow and connect with people on Twitter that
are there. This is the best way of getting to know what's going on. Who to
follow? Well there are many and finding the right ones can be difficult if
you're new to this. A good basic set of active Lotus community Tweeps can
be found by simply following the IBM Champions Twitter list. These are some
of the most active members in the community and it's an easy starting
point to broaden your network. Don't be afraid to interact with them
either. These are people that were recognized by IBM for their active role
in the Community, so in general they are really open and willing to engage
- And while you're at it you can also follow the Lotusphere
2012 speakers list that is maintained by the @Lotusphere witter account. A great source of information about
the people that will be presenting!
- And if you like taking photos or just looking at great pictures, then check out the Lotusphere 2012 group on Flickr or the Instagram collection. Better yet, add your own by becoming a
member of the Flickr group or posting pictures to Instagram with the #LS12
- Last but not least check out the Greenhouse Lotusphere Community (register for free with Greenhouse if you haven't done so yet to get access). An online
Connections community where people can connect, post pictures, links and
videos, search for information, post questions and get involved while at
Lotusphere. You don't have to be in Orlando to join, the group is open to anyone interested.
not least, check into this blog regularly. It will be filled with information
about the event so keep an eye out for what's going on and have fun! I hope to
see you in Orlando!
Femke Goedhart is a Business Consultant for Silverside, a premier business partner
from The Netherlands. She specializes in document management, collaboration and
social business; is an avid blogger; and
a speaker at several events including NLLUG, LCTY & Lotusphere. Femke is actively involved in the online
community and was recently honored as an IBM Champion. She is also a published Redbook author and is a contagious
enthusiast about all things social.