Ever scratch your head and wonder which firewall ports to open when you install IBM Sametime servers outside the intranet? Or which WebSphere Application Server ports to open? A new article in the Sametime wiki, Sametime Deployments and Ports to Open in Firewalls, answers these questions:
- What are the WebSphere Application Server ports to open?
- Do all Sametime servers need to be on the same subnet?
- What's the best scenario for a small, highly secure deployment?
- What's the best scenario for a large, highly secure deployment?
- When is a TURN server needed, and what ports do I need to open for clients to reach a TURN server?