Over the past year, I've worked with an incredible team to develop a new online training site for WebSphere Portal and IBM Web
Content Manager called Getting Started with Your Web Experience
I'm excited to announce that this month the site is live and we have published our first three
Just for newbies
Designed for new administrators and site developers, the tutorials
introduce key concepts using prescriptive instructions. You can browse all the tutorials or you can filter the tutorials by role to see only the tutorials that are appropriate for you.
Progress from simple to more complex
Start with Learn the Basics tutorials to get hands on experience and then progress to Beyond the Basics. To keep focus on learning the foundational elements, the Learn the Basics tutorials have narrowly defined scenarios. They guide you through simple
tasks. Beyond the Basics tutorials step you through more complex decisions to get you ready for production deployments.
advantage of HTML5 features, the application remembers your location in
the tutorial. If you have to reboot or step away before you finish, when you return, it will resume where you left. So you can
close your browser and come back later. Clearing your browser cache does
clear the session information. Only clearing your browsers local storage will
reset the site.
As you go through the tutorials, take advantage of some
- Use the table of content on the left to see how much you have completed and what's left.
- Use the check boxes to help you keep your place on the
page. You don't have to use the check boxes to move forward.
- Hover over terms with dotted underlines to get descriptions and definitions.
- Click Show Screen Capture to verify you are in the right place.
- You can print the tutorial if you Download as PDF.
- Use the Tell us What You Think link to let us know about your experience. I'm eager to hear your thoughts so we can enhance the site and content that is useful for you.
Try it out
Visit Getting Started with Your Web Experience
to start learning more about WebSphere Portal and IBM Web Content Manager Version 8.0. Today you can use the tutorials to learn how
to install WebSphere Portal, configure it to work with a DB2 database, and how to use the site toolbar. The team is working on more tutorials and that will be
We're already thinking about expanding the
site to include tutorials for other Web Experience Suite products. So don't hesitate to tell use what you think about the site, the content in the site, what's missing, etc.