Getting Started with Your Web Experience is a collection of tutorials for IBM
WebSphere Portal and Web Content Manager. Two levels of tutorials guide users
from basic to more complex information. Each tutorial has a Next steps topic to
guide the user to the next level of information.
The tutorials are designed and developed for new users. Unique terms
are explained, concepts are presented visually, and procedures are simple and
Currently the primary audience is administrators that are new
to IBM WebSphere Portal and Web Content Manager.
However, new tutorials are planned other roles and
Introductory tutorials, Learn the Basics,
- Installing WebSphere Portal
- Configuring WebSphere Portal to use DB2
- Starting to customize the portal site
Intermediate tutorials, Beyond the Basics,
- Installing for production
- Configuring the database
More tutorials coming soon
- Web Content Manager tutorial that introduces key concepts and
- Forms Experience Builder tutorial that shows users how to create a simple
- You can leave and come back. The application remembers your location
in the tutorial. The next time you open the application, it will resume where
- We also provide check boxes to help you keep your place on the page.
You don't have to use the check boxes.
- Using HTML 5 features, the application stores your session. Clearing
your browser cache does not clear the session information. Clearing your local
storage resets the application.
- We provided a printable PDF with each tutorial, so you can jot down
notes as you go through the tutorials. Find the PDF in the table of contents for
each tutorial. Look for the Download Tutorial as PDF link.
- Some tutorials include supplemental information such as check lists
and reference cards. The supplements are designed to record your decisions for
If you have questions or suggestions, post your thoughts here.You can also
submit feedback directly from each tutorial.