Guest post from Scott Groenendal, Program Director, IBM Predictive Analytics
I have to admit, I like getting an advance look at things, a teaser if you will, such as the trailer for the latest superhero movie, a sample chapter of a sci-fi / fantasy book, or a new iPhone app.
So, in the spirit of the season of blockbuster movies, I thought I’d whet your appetite with a short preview of the sessions in the “Social Media & Customer Analytics” track at Business Analytics Forum at IBM Information On Demand in Las Vegas (Oct. 21-25).
Business Analytics Forum attendees can choose from more than a dozen different breakout sessions in the “Social Media & Customer Analytics” track. Many organizations are leveraging business analytics to make sense of the myriad of customer data that resides internally and externally, and better engage and interact with today’s empowered customer.
For instance, a month ago we introduced IBM Analytical Decision Management – one of the cornerstone offerings we’ll be showcasing at Business Analytics Forum. Attendees will learn how, by automating and optimizing decisions at the point of customer interaction (on a website, in a call center, at POS), their organizations can provide excellent customer service while increasing cross-sell/up-sell offers and, in turn, generate more revenue.
The most popular sessions, besides mine of course, are likely to be those featuring IBM Business Analytics customers who are already optimizing operations, attracting and retaining highly profitable customers, capturing new markets and leveraging social media through cohesive, agile decision and customer experience management strategies.
Here’s a preview of some of the customer-led sessions:
· Fiserv will describe how it increased the response rate on marketing initiatives 100 percent or more by applying predictive analytics to integrate billions of transactions from core banking account processing, person-to-person payments, mobile payments, electronic funds transfers, and e-bill payments, to determine what a consumer will likely need next. Read the full case study.
· NMS, a marketing agency with clients throughout North America, will explain how it uses IBM Social Analytics to perform the difficult task of supporting multiple companies and a multitude of brands in an ever changing world.
· Call center outsourcing firm Telerx will describe how it uses business analytics to combine internal customer response data with external customer social media analysis to develop predictive models that learn and allow users to adapt very quickly to changes in customer attitudes.
Stay tuned for subsequent posts where we will profile other Business Analytics Forum tracks from Risk Analytics, Business Intelligence, Predictive Analytics and Performance Management.
Also, for updates related to other Information on Demand excitement, subscribe to the Facebook page and follow the action on Twitter (#ibmiod).
For more information:
· Register for Business Analytics Forum
· Download the Business Analytics Forum conference guide for the rest of the sessions across our portfolio of solutions
· Build a sample agenda online and start planning your conference experience