Guest post from Kevin Gray, product marketing manager, Varicent, IBM Business Analytics
As sales organizations recognize the importance of aligning strategic goals with selling behaviours to drive revenue and growth, Sales Performance Management (SPM) has become a critical solution to the technology ecosystem, sales performance business processes, and the entire organizational reporting and analytics requirements.
SPM can be thought of as a set of business processes within sales and finance. However, organizations are recognizing that the rich, accurate and insightful data that is published from SPM can provide intelligence to other lines of business to make impactful business decisions.
Yes, sales management will continue to view the reports that track the overall health of the sales organizations such as territory assignments/coverage, top performers, quota targets/attainments, and compensation metrics. And, finance will continue to track compensation spend, commission payouts and sales forecasts reports, but how does SPM data outputs provide insightful information to other lines of business? For instance, how can marketing, business development, or customer service benefit from the data published from SPM?
Think about marketing. By combining SPM data with other enterprise data, the marketing team can determine which territories are in jeopardy of making their quarterly numbers and launch a marketing campaign to boost revenues for the period or track the sales revenue by region for a new product that has been launched into the market to evaluate customer buying trends.
Or, think about business development. With SPM data, business development can view customers that have not made a purchase for several periods and reach out to these stagnant customers to rebuilding the trusted relationship with the customer.
I am excited to talk more about how SPM can become part of the technology ecosystem and streamline sales performance management business processes. We will be discussing the following in a webinar series:
· What is SPM and how does it fit into the technology ecosystem?
· How can a SPM solution streamline territory management, quota planning and incentive compensation business processes?
· What are the key drivers for organizations that are adopting an SPM solution?
· How can organizations that have deployed the IBM Cognos SPM/ICM (formerly Varicent) solution better business intelligence, significantly improve the accuracy of commission spend, and distribute management reports that drive informed decisions and greater performance?
Please join one of our upcoming webinars:
· Sept. 19, 1:00-2:00 p.m. EDT
· Sept. 20, 11:00 am-12:00 p.m. BST
· Oct. 3, 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. EDT
· Oct. 10, 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. AEDT
· Oct. 16, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. BST
Once registered you will receive an email confirming your registration with information you need to join the webinar.