Guest post from Brent Winsor, Product Marketing, Business Intelligence, IBM Business Analytics
I’m really excited about this year’s Business Analytics Forum at Information On Demand (Oct. 21-25, Las Vegas). We’ve assembled a strong set of breakout sessions for this year’s Business Intelligence (BI) track with more than 60 sessions of IBM experts and customer presenters.
But more importantly, the newest member of our IBM Cognos 10 Family will be introduced at this year’s conference. We can’t wait to show and tell you all about it.
The IBM Cognos 10 Family delivers analytics into the hands of everyone to drive better business outcomes. Each family member offers reporting, analysis, modeling, planning and collaboration to address the needs of BI, performance management and business analytics initiatives. Right-sized to meet the needs of your organization, the IBM Cognos 10 family offers products for:
· Individuals, who need freedom and flexibility yet want to access corporate BI and share insights with wider communities (IBM Cognos Insight)
· Workgroups or midsize businesses, who need to be up and running fast with a BI solution that is easy to install and manage (IBM Cognos Express)
· Organizations, who need BI to meet strategic objectives spanning multiple functions, levels and business units (IBM Cognos Enterprise)
Our experts will devote several sessions to describing how businesses of any size can benefit from the strengths of the IBM Cognos 10 Family. We’ll have sessions on techniques for dashboarding, advanced query creation, mobile BI and advanced reporting, as well as super-sessions and hands-on workshops, all to help you get the greatest value from your IBM Cognos implementations.
We’ll also be covering a number of hot topics, including managing BI on mobile devices, using cloud-based computing to speed the adoption of analytics, and leveraging big data analytics.
And those customer presenters I mentioned?
Some of the companies you’ll hear from include Nike, Disney, DIRECTV, GE, Kaiser Permanente, Jabil, Qualcomm and Oppenheimer Funds. Here are a few other specific examples:
· Miami-Dade County will describe additional success they’ve had using IBM Cognos, and also share tips and tricks for the installation and upgrade to IBM Cognos on System z. Read the case study.
· Cablevision will explain how they extended market share with the help of superior analytics, using IBM Cognos and the IBM Netezza data warehouse appliance.
· Intel will demonstrate how they improved their ability to deliver self-service BI to its customers, resulting in faster time to market and lower total cost of ownership.
· Liquidnet, a global institutional trading network, will share best practices for successfully managing continuous growth and meeting heavy demands for data analysis in a fast growing financial organization. Read the case study.
· The Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium – one of my favorites – will showcase what they have learned from the analytics successes of the Cincinnati Zoo (watch video). The Point Defiance Zoo took its line-of-business driven analytics project into the cloud to further accelerate deployment and increase the value and ROI of its system.
Stay tuned for subsequent posts where we will profile other Business Analytics Forum tracks from Risk Analytics, Predictive Analytics and Performance Management. And, read the article on the Customer Analytics track.
Also, for updates related to other Information on Demand, subscribe to the Facebook page and follow the action on Twitter (#ibmiod).
For more information:
· Register for the Business Analytics Forum (early bird discount ends Aug. 31)
· Download the Business Analytics Forum conference guide for the rest of the sessions across our portfolio of solutions
· Build a sample agenda online and start planning your conference experience. Once you’ve registered, you can use the SmartSite to add in additional meetings and connect with other attendees and speakers.