After the successfull migration to the last version of Connections 3.0.1 i found Live Writer not working anymore.
Here are the new parameters i am using successfully to publish my blog entries more easily :
1. Create a new blog account : menu “Blogs”, “Add a new blog”.
Select “Other blog service”
2. Configure the url for blog services
The web url is https://www-304.ibm.com/connections/. Add you userid and password.
3. Select the Metaweblog API service
Type the right url https://www-304.ibm.com/connections/blogs/services/xmlrpc
4. Choose the blog you want to add to your blog account list
5. Live Writer will try to detect your blog content and retrieve files for preview locally when you create new entries
6. And that’s all you can preview your new entry and then publish it.