Easy ways to get the answers you need.
Or call us at:
Ten ways to prepare for the launch of IBM Cognos 10
Delaney Turner 270002T14M email@example.com | | Tags:  cognos10 ibmsoftware baforum spss
0 Comments | 1,403 Visits |
It's cruel, that clock.
So. Are you ready for Business Analytics Forum @ Information On Demand 2010? If so, here are 10 things that will help your packing and preparation go a little more smoothly:
1. Pack comfortable shoes. Conferences are no place to break in that new pair of wingtips. Whether you're exploring the EXPO, networking with friends or just moving from session to session, you're going to spend more time on your feet than you probably expect.
2. Brush up on your business card etiquette. Tens of thousands of these will change hands over the next few days, and that means tens of thousands of first impressions that can go really really well or really, really wrong. Luckily, our event host Mark Jeffries has a lesson on the right way to receive a business card:
3. Create your agenda. Every attendee has access to the Information On Demand SmartSite, which lets you schedule your sessions, connect with peers and generally stay organized during the chaos of the conference. There are also some handy social media features, too.
4. Get ready to get social. We're bringing an entire team of social media mavens to the Mandalay Bay and each will bring a different perspective on the proceedings. In addition to myself, watch for missives from these folks:
Beyond business analytics, I'll be joined by a broader team of social media folks from across IBM. Be sure to add these folks to your "following" list:
6. Bookmark these sites, too: We'll be posting videos, pictures from Business Analytics Forum to YouTube and Flickr.
7. Download this nifty IBM Cognos 10 image. It's not quite the disk image, but it's all we can provide until we take the wraps off on Monday.
8. Listen to our Business Analytics Forum Preview show on BI Radio. We have host Mark Jeffries, IBM Cognos customer turned partner Chad Erman and a deep dive on IBM Cognos Proven Practices from Program Lead Anna Lynch. Download it here.
9. Read Turbo's post with other great resources. It's too big a conference to contain all the tips in one post. See it here.
10. Prepare your questions for Eric Yau and Harriet Fryman. They'll be taking questions from Web audience and I'll be moderating. Even if you are on-site, you can still sign in for the Q&A portion to hear from two people who were instrumental in bringing the product to market.
Wow. That about wraps it up, as far as the blog is concerned. I still have to check off a few of these myself, so I'll be spending the next few days with my own packing and prep work. Watch this space, though, once we take the wraps off the product on Monday.
Four days to go. Intelligence is about to be unleashed.