Easy ways to get the answers you need.
Or call us at:
IBM Cognos 10 at Lotusphere: 10 Ways to Prepare
Delaney Turner 270003RQ8K Delaney.Turner@ca.ibm.com | | Tags:  business_analytics ibmsoftware ls11 cognos10
0 Comments | 1,779 Visits |
Today's guest post is by Brendan Farnand
Thoughtful, collective idea-making is clearly the way forward for innovative companies. Business intelligence (BI) cannot exist in a vacuum; shared insights result in better, smarter decisions.
So, when IBM set out to revolutionize BI with Cognos 10, collaboration became a key capability. After all, how effective is a sales review process if the projects and initiatives contributing to sales results are not visible and stakeholders and expectations are not clear? Or how can you address customer service issues if you don’t have a single point of reference for notes, actions, links to reports and dashboards and information?
Everyone involved in a decision or a solution needs to know who else is involved, what transpired before they were asked to contribute and what other ideas are out there for that decision or solution.
When you combine BI software with collaborative software, everyone wins. And that’s why Cognos Business Intelligence software capitalizes on the collaborative features of Lotus Connections.
It’s also the reason I’ll be attending Lotusphere and I’m hoping I’ll see you there. For those of you who are attending, here are 10 things you can do to prepare.
1. Follow me on Twitter. I will be tweeting updates throughout the conference, along with information about the collaborative BI vision, what I am learning and what others are learning from me. I'll be using the #cognos10 and #ls11 tags.
2. Make a note of the IBM Cognos software sessions at Lotusphere. Join us at one or more of these sessions to learn more about IBM Cognos BI and visit us on the solution showcase floor to chat one-on-one with experts and view live demos that show how IBM Cognos software can address the needs of diverse users who want to know more, do more and make smarter decisions:
Monday, January 31:
1:00pm-2:00pm, SW Pelican
ID310 – IBM Cognos 10 Business Intelligence: Smarter Decisions. Better Results
Speaker: Brendan Farnand
2:15pm-3:15pm, SW Pelican
ID311 – Managing the Social Media Maturity Cycle for IT Professionals
Speaker: Chris Wright
Tuesday, February 1:
10:00am -11:00am, SW 1-2
INV111 – Making Decisions Collaboratively with Cognos Business Intelligence and Lotus Connections
Speaker: Gene Villeneuve
Wednesday, February 2:
Day 3 Keynote Panel Session with Chris Dziekan
11:15am -12:15pm, DL S Hemisphere II
INV113 – Connecting People with Insight: Becoming an Analytics-driven Organization
Speaker: Eric Sall
ID906 – Lotus and Cognos Business Intelligence: A Powerful Combination
Speaker: Dan Galt
Thursday, February 3:
11:15am - 12:15pm, SW 1-2
INV206 – Collaborative Decision Making (featuring 4 demos illustrating the value of Cognos BI and Lotus products)
Speakers: Ted Stanton and George Brichacek
3. Learn how collaborative BI can enable better decision-making by viewing my archived Techtalk webinar. You can register at the Techtalk website and download the webinar to hear me talk about collaborative BI. I use live demos to show you how IBM Cognos 10 delivers built-in collaboration and social networking so working groups can engage in more meaningful ways; powerful decision networks for sharing insights and creating a "corporate memory" and the transparency and accountability to drive alignment and audit decision-making process.
4. See what veteran tech journalist Stan Gibson is saying about the combination of Cognos 10 and Lotus Connections on his blog, StanonIBM. Stan talks about the key benefits of tying Cognos 10 and Lotus Connections together, which he calls “Blue Synergies.” (He also plugs my webinar!)
5. Check out the excellent blog post by Tina Groves, Senior Product Manager for Collaborative Decision Making, Business Analytics, IBM. Tina uses real-world examples to demonstrate how the integration of Cognos Business Intelligence and Lotus collaboration software can benefit your company. You can also follow Tina on Twitter.
6. Discover what David Menninger, VP and Research Director for Ventana Research, thinks of Cognos 10, Lotus Connections and collaboration in “Cognos 10 Breaks Down Barriers To Business Intelligence and Analytics.” Here’s a teaser: “Cognos 10 recognizes that BI is part of a decision-making process and includes collaborative capabilities to support that process.”
7. Get a glimpse of how collaboration can help create the ideas that drive better business outcomes in an earlier article on this blog, called “Collaboration, inspiration and the connected mind.” Because we now have the means to apply the principles of collaboration and creativity in our work and lives, it is now easier than ever to nurture the next great idea.
8. Visit the Collaborative BI page on ibm.com. This page is full of good information about the Cognos Business Intelligence collaboration capability and includes a demonstration of the built-in collaboration features of Cognos Business Intelligence. Just click on the banner at the top.
9. Read about the power of collective intelligence and the role collaboration plays in “IBM Cognos 10: Intelligence Unleashed” and “The New Promise of Business Intelligence.” These papers describe the benefits of Cognos Business Intelligence and how collaboration fits into the big picture.
10. Visit the Lotusphere web page to learn more. This page provides previews of the conference, updates you on special events, provides you with registration information and gives you the lowdown on all the sessions. You can also join the Lotusphere social media page and join in the Lotusphere conversation.