Communications service providers and medium to large enterprises must have smarter network operations to properly manage the demand put on networks by the latest services, technologies, and applications. Network performance management is more important than ever because “slow is the new broke.” Under performing networks pose several risks from unhappy customers to unrealized revenue potential. Tivoli Netcool Performance Manager (TNPM) v1.3 offers innovative new solutions to help our clients run fully-optimized legacy and next-generation networks and minimize the dreaded service disruption.
TNPM 1.3 introduces a new console technology, Tivoli Integrated Portal (TIP), and a new reporting engine, Tivoli Common Reporting (TCR) based on Cognos. These new technologies offer additional business value to fixed/IP and mobile customers using our network performance management solutions today. In addition, these technologies enable a consistent user experience across the broad Tivoli solution portfolio.
Key common features for fixed/IP and mobile PM:
• Navigation between Webtop/Omnibus and TNPM
• State-of-the-art Reporting Tool through integration of Cognos capabilities with Tivoli Common Reporting in the Tivoli Integrated Portal (TIP)
Key new features for fixed/IP:
• Composite Resources for service-oriented KPI modeling of logical network resources, e.g. a pair of network connections, or of a service such as VPN
• Mass Data Export of fixed/IP PM data
• Support for AIX (IBM O/S) is now supported for all TNPM components for fixed/IP
In summary, we’re very excited about the changes in this release and know you’ll find a lot of value in TNPM 1.3. If you own other Netcool products such as Netcool/Omnibus or ITNM today, ask us how TNPM can help complete your view into consolidated operations management.