This week, IBM Redbooks just published the second edition of the book “IBM PureFlex System and IBM Flex System Products and Technology”. It highlights the technology and features of the chassis, compute nodes, management features, and connectivity options. Guidance is provided about every major component, and about networking and storage connectivity.
If you’re looking for a single document that gives you “what is” information about the PureFlex and Flex System families, this is the document for you.
This update was written by Dave Ridley and me. Dave is from IBM in the UK and is the Technical Product Manager for PureFlex & Flex System for UK & Ireland.
In this second edition, we have added all the new product announcements that were made since July 2012. Here’s what’s new since the first edition:
- IBM SmartCloud™ Entry V2.4
- IBM Flex System Manager V1.2
- IBM Flex System Fabric EN4093R 10Gb Scalable Switch
- IBM Flex System Fabric CN4093 10Gb Converged Scalable Switch
- FoD license upgrades for the IBM Flex System FC5022 16Gb SAN Scalable Switch
- IBM PureFlex System 42U Rack
- 2100-W power supply option for the Enterprise Chassis
- New options and models of the IBM Flex System x220 Compute Node
- IBM Flex System x440 Compute Node
- Additional solid-state drive options for all x86 compute nodes
- IBM Flex System p260 Compute Node, model 23X with IBM POWER7+™ processors
- New memory options for the IBM Power Systems™ compute nodes
- IBM Flex System Storage Expansion Node
- IBM Flex System PCIe Expansion Node
- IBM Flex System CN4058 8-port 10Gb Converged Adapter
- IBM Flex System EN4132 2-port 10Gb RoCE Adapter
- IBM Flex System V7000 Storage Node
If you’re looking for more information about Flex System, check out these other resources from IBM Redbooks:
David Watts is an IBM Redbooks Project Leader. He writes books and papers on many areas related to IBM Flex System, IBM BladeCenter and IBM System x. Follow David on Twitter at @DavidAtRedbooks.