IBM x3850 proves it can deliver
- More users
- Faster response time
- Greater throughput
Which means more transactions processed in shorter time!
IBM posts world-record result on Windows on two-tier SAP SD standard application benchmark
IBM System x3850 X5 and DB2 9.7 deliver world-record result on Windows on two-tier SAP SD standard application benchmark
September 13, 2011 ... IBM® today announced a world-leadership result on Windows® on the two-tier SAP® Sales and Distribution (SD) standard application benchmark.
The result of 25,500 SAP SD benchmark users was achieved on the IBM System x3850 X5, configured with eight Intel® Xeon® E7-8870 processors, and using the IBM System Storage® DS4800 and running IBM DB2® 9.7 and SAP enhancement package 4 for the SAP ERP application Release 6.0.
The x3850 X5 and DB2 9.7 have achieved the highest result ever published on Windows on the two-tier SAP SD standard application benchmark. The x3850 X5 achieved 25,500 SAP SD benchmark users with 0.87 seconds average dialog response time, 140,720 SAPS, measured throughput of 8,443,000 dialog steps per hour (or 2,814,330 fully processed line items per hour), and an average CPU utilization of 91% for the central server.
(1) The x3850 X5’s result raises the bar for results on Windows. This result beats the previous-best eightprocessor result of 25,160 SAP SD benchmark users on Windows achieved by the HP ProLiant DL980 G7.
(2) The x3850 X5’s result demonstrates excellent scalability by increasing performance 82% from four sockets to eight sockets.
(3) The x3850 X5 was configured with eight Intel Xeon E7-8870 processors at 2.40GHz with 30MB shared L3 cache per processor (8 processors/80 cores/160 threads), 1024GB of memory, 64-bit DB2 9.7, Microsoft® Windows® Server 2008 R2 Enterprise x64 Edition, and SAP enhancement package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0.
The server accessed the DB2 9.7 database on the storage on an IBM System Storage DS4800 disk
system. Results referenced are current as of September 13, 2011. For the latest SAP benchmark results, visit: http://www.sap.com/benchmark.
(1) This benchmark fully complies with the SAP Benchmark Council regulations and has been audited and certified by SAP AG (certification number 2011034). Details can be obtained from IBM and SAP. The benchmark was performed at IBM in Research Triangle Park, NC, USA, by IBM engineers.
(2) Statement of comparison is based on highest-performing system using eight Intel Xeon processors and running Windows and the SAP enhancement package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0. Result referenced is current as of September 13, 2011:
HP ProLiant DL980 G7 on the two-tier SAP SD standard application benchmark: 8 processors/80
cores/160 threads, Intel Xeon Processor E7-4870, 2.40 GHz, 64 KB L1 cache and 256 KB L2 cache per
core, 30 MB L3 cache per processor, 512GB main memory, Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter Edition, SQL Server 2008, SAP enhancement package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0. Certification number 2011021.
(3) IBM System x3850 X5 on the two-tier SAP SD standard application benchmark: 4 processors/40
cores/80 threads, Intel Xeon Processor E7-4870, 2.40GHz, 30MB L3 cache per processor, 512GB main
memory, Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition, IBM DB2 9.7, SAP enhancement package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0. Certification number 2011015.
IBM, System x, System Storage and DB2 are trademarks or registered trademarks of IBM Corporation. Intel and Xeon are registered trademarks of Intel Corporation. Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the USA and/or other
countries. SAP and all SAP logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP AG in Germany and in several other countries. All other company/product names and service marks may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.